my cats eye is swollen

Rubiasencio

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hello , my kitten name is kitty . this morning she woke up with her eye crossed . i’m not sure if it’s mucus or something else . when she was little this would happen but it wouldn’t get this bad . i need advice. please someone help .
A1DFBB37-C7B3-43BE-8317-E3DB2BD577BB.jpeg
958D881C-A28A-409F-A8C9-A17D213828CE.jpeg

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You'll need the vet to take a look at the eye. Eye issues aren't something to try to treat yourself with remedies found online. The cornea could be scratched or there could be some infection or any number of things. Can you email the pictures of the eye to the vet? An in person vet visit would still be needed so the vet can look at the eye more closely, perhaps with special eye drops.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rubiasencio

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i was in another state , i arrived yesterday but my mom who was taking care of her said she was having alot of mucus just yesterday. this had happened to my other cat and i have left over eye drops but i’m not sure if i should use

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No, don't use those leftover eye drops that were meant for the other cat. You may just make the eye issue worse since you have no idea what is wrong with the eye in the first place. There are different veterinary eye drops for cats and they all treat different issues.

Rubiasencio

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
okay , that’s what i was thinking. the soonest my vet is available is monday. i made an appointment. i’m gonna call other vets to see if they can take me in tho.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Great :) I think you can wait until Monday. Obviously if the eye gets worse with swelling or lots of pus / mucous, etc you'll want to take the cat to an emergency vet right away.

Rubiasencio

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
yes , that’s what i was thinking