My cats doing cat things...

KittyCat_chitchat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I started posting about our family cats Ozzie and Cleo when I needed advice on introducing them. Since this has now pretty much been resolved (touch wood), I'm going to start posting updates about them here.

Ozzie, born c. 2016, is an ENORMOUS tabby boy who we adopted from a shelter in 2019. We don't have much background on him other than his being surrendered by a couple who thought he'd be a health risk to their new baby. He's an affectionate goofball, but he has always been a nervy, insecure boy, although having Cleo is bringing him out of his shell like never before. He still spends a lot of time in his sanctuary room, though, so I don't get as many interesting pictures of him as I do of Cleo.

Cleo, born c. 2021, is a typical tortie queen. She's bold, stroppy, naughty, prone to having crazy moments of tearing round the house at a hundred miles an hour, and a total sweetheart. We adopted her last year from a feral welfare charity, who'd found her as a friendly stray with kittens. She's not a bit nervy and is clearly used to being a pet, so we think she must have been abandoned.

They both LOVE their yellow catnip mouse (Cleo was getting a little tubby when these were taken. She is back at a healthy weight now)...

...Also the new fishing rod toy we got them for Christmas!

20231225_130709918_edit.jpg

We've been having a spell of cold, wet weather, and Cleo has been spending a lot of time in her favourite cardboard box. She chose this herself, in preference to the cat bed I actually bought for her. Of course.

2024_01_P_010 - edit.jpg 2024_01_P_012 - edit.jpg

Ozzie meanwhile, is determined to get through to the bedrooms, which are a cat-free zone in our house. He's become a bit obsessed with sitting by the door, wearing the same 'lost little cat' face he pulls when he wants to be fed.

2024_01_P_005_edit.jpg

...And that's all for now!

Lennybells

I’m a slave to my furry master
Adult Cat
Purraise
They are so pretty! My kitten prefers boxes over his bed too, so you aren’t alone. 🤪 I love the markings!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KittyCat_chitchat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No fear! Cleo was spayed by the rescue as soon as possible, and if they hadn't done so, we most certainly would have. Ozzie is neutered, and both cats are microchipped. We don't take any chances!

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
No fear! Cleo was spayed by the rescue as soon as possible, and if they hadn't done so, we most certainly would have. Ozzie is neutered, and both cats are microchipped. We don't take any chances!
You said she was a queen so I assumed that ment you maybe intended to breed her or or she was intact. A queen is an intact female cat. My mistake.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to look it up, because I was wondering what spayed females are called - they're mollies! Never heard that term before. But they definitely remain queens of the house! Cleo and Ozzie are gorgeous.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KittyCat_chitchat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ozzie is trying to be alpha cat. He likes to lick Cleo on the head. She puts up with it. He occasionally muscles in when she's enjoying a catnip toy. She gives way, I think because of the size difference. Despite all this, I think Cleo secretly thinks she's in charge. Ozzie has also decided that our new draft excluder is his personal Oz cushion. He almost always comes into the living room in the evenings and lies by it. This picture cracks me up.

20240221_184856594_iOS.jpg

Since the number of brief altercations seems to be reducing (🤞), we've been trying out playing with both of them at once. It's not been an unqualified success, because their playstyles are so different. Today they were more interested in trying to convince me they needed their meal an hour early.

20240228_162844407_iOS.jpg