My cats chew powerchords

catmum22

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey I'm having a problem it's been happening for agers it started when I adopted maple and she would chew through phone chargers Christmas lights and everything and now I have started catching trinity doing it, I have been putting chilli paste on the chords to stop it an smacking them a little but I try to avoid that I usually just yell at them when I catch them and try keep chords hidden but I need help what do I do? Is it ok to use chilli paste? Does anyone else have this problem? I'm also worried about there safety a they sometimes chew right through the chord while it's plugged in

bramblestar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
First things first, I am NOT an expert though I do have a theory. If your cats do not have any toys, or maybe the toys they do have don't really appeal to them, then they might have taken on chewing power cords as a new form of entertainment. I suggest getting toys that they need to chew on to get a treat, or whatever have you, to keep them distracted from the cords. You may also want to try putting the cats in a room with less power cords while still putting the chilli paste on them. I hope this advice helps you! [emoji]128515[/emoji]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catmum22

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you they do have lots of toys to the point there's nearly nothing to buy cause they already own it I will try straws and will look online for cat toys I can sneak treats in, I hate this bad habit of theirs cause it means they get banned from my room for 2 nights, but will continue my chilli paste and any other ideas are very much welcome I'm lucky so far that they don't swallow anything just chew it