My cat's breathing and hair loss

lulubelle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 2 year old cat has started having a crackle when she purrs (sounds like a motor with loose metal bumping about inside a bit), it's a bit concerning, also when she meows it's like she is trying to force the meow to come out. I noticed this when she laid on me and i was fussing her, she started purring and i had sounded scarily different. She also keeps loosing hair on her belly and on her backside just in front of where the tail starts. Please help me, im really worried about her. 
Thank You 

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wonder if she has respiratory infection, maybe even the change in seasons has caused her get clogged up a bit. My cat has been sneezing more often in the last month and this coincides with the furnace coming on. He's snoring more too. It's really dry in here now and it affects us all, so I have a humidifier running all the time.

Has her belly gotten worse since last time then?

http://www.thecatsite.com/t/284511/my-cat-lulu

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lulubelle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Would taking her to the vet to get her checked out be a good idea? 

The hair on her belly doesn't seem to be growing back, and she has started loosing hair just in front of her tail and that doesn't seem to be growing back either. It is getting more concerning as time goes on.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, I would think a Vet visit might be in order, just to double check everything.

peeka73

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The last time my cat had odd breathing sounds (her's was odd wheezing sounds time to time, panting when over-excited, and raspiness occasionally when perched on me and purring), and after an x-ray, the vet was able to confirm she has asthma.  No meds yet, but have been keeping an eye on her.  So far, so good.  But a vet visit sounds necessary.