My cat's being a bully.

nu nu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
In recent weeks I've noticed that my tabby cat Majin has gone from being completely indifferent about my other cat, Kyoko, to chasing her off the bed, out of rooms, etc.

She upped the ante this evening when I served them their dinner. They were both eating calmly until Majin got in Kyoko's face and wouldn't let her eat out of either bowl until Kyoko finally ran away. Then she started eating Kyoko's food. I got a little angry at that point and made Majin eat in another room and brought Kyoko back to finish her food with me. Did I do the right thing?

More importantly, how do I stop Majin from bullying Kyoko?

rad65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We need some more info. This is normal for a kitten, as they play around all the time. My kitten won't let me adult cat eat in the same way sometimes.

How old are these cats?
How long have you had them both?
When did this behavior start?
Is there anything else different in your home that could trigger a bahvior change?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nu nu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by rad65

We need some more info. This is normal for a kitten, as they play around all the time. My kitten won't let me adult cat eat in the same way sometimes.

How old are these cats?
How long have you had them both?
When did this behavior start?
Is there anything else different in your home that could trigger a bahvior change?
I rescued them at the same time when they were just kittens, about 5 years ago. They're grown ladies.

And I guess this all started about a month ago. Nothing significant has changed around the house that I recall... But Majin, who normally doesn't interact with Kyoko very often, began being mean to her.