My Cat's Balance seems off

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the update
I hope you get to the bottom of it soon. I'm glad nothing bad came from the blood results. How has AlleyCat been doing?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

soccerandy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by chichismom

How has AlleyCat been doing?
She seemed a bit better last night, but is still having trouble jumping up onto the bathroom counter. She makes it, but its a struggle. I don't know how I'd ever get ready in the mornings without her "help" - batting my makeup brushes off the counter, drinking the drippy faucet water & sticking her nose in my coffee...

But, she hasn't fallen down again (that I've seen, I'm gone all day at work) but I did watch her get out of her window seat hammock and that was much more graceful than previously.

I'll keep you posted, thank you all for your kind words, thoughts & prayers. They are much appreicated!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is good news. Here's hoping that sweet AlleyCat continues to improve.

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by soccerandy

She seemed a bit better last night, but is still having trouble jumping up onto the bathroom counter. She makes it, but its a struggle. I don't know how I'd ever get ready in the mornings without her "help" - batting my makeup brushes off the counter, drinking the drippy faucet water & sticking her nose in my coffee...
I have one of those helpers

I hope AlleyCat continues to improve
please keep us updated

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hoping Alley Cat gets better really soon.

Yes Bijou thinks if we are brushing our hair his should be brushed too and yes we brush his hair with our brush sometimes (not a lot but still our brush).

He also helps me vacuum. As soon as I plug in the central vac he comes running and rolls around on the carpet until I vacuum him. He loves to be vacuumed.

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

As soon as I plug in the central vac he comes running and rolls around on the carpet until I vacuum him. He loves to be vacuumed.
Silly kitty

cflynt

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

He also helps me vacuum. As soon as I plug in the central vac he comes running and rolls around on the carpet until I vacuum him. He loves to be vacuumed.
Oh, My!

I have always subscribed to the vacuum myth: We don't know what
it looked like, but we know that way back in prehistoric times, there
was a beast that sounded just like a vacuum cleaner that ate cats.
To this day, cats are born with the genetic memory to RUN from
vaccuum cleaners.

I've known dogs to love being vacuumed, but never a cat!

Too funny!

Carol

chazmoma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm new here, so forgive me if this info is somewhere else, but I can't seem to find it.

My AllyCat is about 15 years old and is a siamese mix (got her at a shelter about 10 years ago so I'm not sure). Over the last few days I've noticed that her balance seems to be off. She fell going from the bed to the nightstand (about 6 inches apart) and then also fell going from the couch to the coffee table (again, about 6 inches apart). This morning she almost fell getting onto the bathroom counter - she could barely make the jump. She's a very active cat, runs around the house like crazy and seems to be eating and drinking normally.

Friday sometime she got sick - threw up quite a bit on the new carpet (of course! lol) but then hasn't gotten sick since so I figured it must have been a hairball or something.

Yesterday when we were sitting quitely watching tv and I was petting her she really hissed at me, her eyes seemed crazed and she hissed and then walked away. Nothing like that since and later climbed back up into my lap.

She's an indoor cat and I haven't changed her food or anything else. There are no other animals at the house. The only thing is that I had some remodeling done with new floors put in a month ago.

We have an appointment at the vet late this afternoon, but I'm just worried there is something serious going on so I'm trying to prepare myself if that is the case. I'm worried because of her age. Any ideas of what this could be would be very helpful!

Thank you,

Andy

chazmoma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Your post is several years old but I hope your baby is still with you. I am new here as well and have been looking to find info about my baby Chaz.,he's about 15 (his grand mom was 19 when She passed) and yesterday I noticed he was off balance and I see he's still off balance. He's eating well and u can't think of any plants that he has been gnawing on... I'm trying to see if it corrects itself but I'm really nervous...