My cats are FINALLY eating wet food again !

catmomjulia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am very lucky to have a cat who loves all wet food lol! But there are some kinds that he will waste. When you find one they will eat it's probably a good idea to stick with it since cats can be such finicky eaters. I have bought fancy feast at times and had good experiences!

flmickey90

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am very lucky to have a cat who loves all wet food lol! But there are some kinds that he will waste. When you find one they will eat it's probably a good idea to stick with it since cats can be such finicky eaters. I have bought fancy feast at times and had good experiences!
Totally agree!  It's just trying to find that one that is liked.  Before she starting having the UTI, there were ones she liked and then had to switch as she started turning her nose at them and wouldn't eat them.  She liked the chicken flavor and nothing else.  Then found a beef and chicken and she did the same with that ... then found the beef and she loved that one.  Then she got the UTI and now it's switched to the prescription kind for both moist and dry.  She's loving the fish kind now so will see how it goes.  If not, will what can do if it's to the point she won't have that and if can maybe do something different than the prescription.

catmomjulia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Totally agree!  It's just trying to find that one that is liked.  Before she starting having the UTI, there were ones she liked and then had to switch as she started turning her nose at them and wouldn't eat them.  She liked the chicken flavor and nothing else.  Then found a beef and chicken and she did the same with that ... then found the beef and she loved that one.  Then she got the UTI and now it's switched to the prescription kind for both moist and dry.  She's loving the fish kind now so will see how it goes.  If not, will what can do if it's to the point she won't have that and if can maybe do something different than the prescription.
Ahh I see! It's funny how they can go from loving a food, to not even touching it! Jonah also had a UTI but since it was his first, he didn't need any prescription food thankfully

flmickey90

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ahh I see! It's funny how they can go from loving a food, to not even touching it! Jonah also had a UTI but since it was his first, he didn't need any prescription food thankfully
Yeah, was very weird.  Know that cats can be picky, but glad I had been able to find something else she liked.  I should mentioned that it was a beef and chicken combo kind of thing in the 4Health brand.  The others had been in Friskies (the Chicken flavor) and Fancy Feast (Beef flavor).  As far as I know that this has been Shadow's first UTI and the vet put her on it.  If I remember right, the vet said she'd like to have her on it to maybe avoid having any further episodes and to possibly avoid having any kind of crystal build up.  Rather be safe than sorry and I'll pay the extra $ for that for her benefit.  I had been trying to find better food for her anyway and 4Health is suppose to be a good one and that was the dry food I had her on, but it was the moist I was trying to find the better kind that she'd like.

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had great success rotating daily all their favorites. There are about 12 different brands meats and textures. If one stalls I sprinkle Purebites freeze dried chicken on top. They eat chicken, duck, turkey, rabbit, lamb and tuna. They eat shreds, Pates, and chunks. They have timed feedings of wet (with water added) and no dry. Treats are freeze dried.

lokhismom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
 Then she got the UTI and now it's switched to the prescription kind for both moist and dry.  She's loving the fish kind now so will see how it goes
fyi, fish isn't ideal for a cat prone to UTI's.