My Cat Won't Nap

michelle745

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a thirteen-year-old cat who has been refusing to nap. She is fairly well-behaved at night, nocturnal behavior isn't really a problem.

Maggie's always wanted to know everything that was going on and what everyone was doing. The problem is that she is getting very tired and cranky at everybody because she's exhausted and won't sleep. She snaps at her sister, gotten really bossy and short-tempered at us, and has started falling asleep sitting up (but any sound and she jerks awake).

For about half a year I was wondering why she was getting so cranky at everyone, so I started watching her, and I'm pretty sure this is the issue. I keep trying to "put her to bed", quiet room, petting her, giving her lots of love, but a few minutes and she's back in the middle of everyone's business. She wants to keep up with everyone all the time, but she's just getting to old to do so.

I've never had a cat who did this, and I couldn't find any information on it at all. Any suggestions on how I can get her to get more sleep?

Last edited:

p3 and the king

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There could be several issues going on here.  She needs to see her vet as soon as you can.  I don't want to scare you, but it could be her heart or anything or she could have a disorder.  There are so many things that could be going on.  Cats sleep an average of 16+ hours a day.  Mostly during the day.  Could she be doing so while everyone is out?  If not, then she needs to see her vet.