My cat went missing⚠️

ramelaramela

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat gave birth recently, and i could notice the change in behavior of my other cat. She seemed jealous of new members. I will mention my cat was mostly indoors, while sometimes she goes outside, but only for about 2/3 hours. But a few days ago, she just ran away when i opened the door, and hasn’t come sunce. It’s been 4 days already. My cat is 9 months old female who hasn’t been spayed either. I am wondering, could it be a reason she ran away that she’s jealous of newborns who occupied her space, or could she be in heat and go away in order to mate? Are those potential possibilities? Or is there something third because four days isn’t so little… I’d be happy if anyone helped me!🙏🏻

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will say that I think she was coming into heat and went to get mated. 4 days is a long time though, you may put her picture out on Facebook and see if anyone has seen her. I don't think she was jealous, I think she was bewildered and a little scared by all the changes that went on. She may be hiding herself so she doesn't have to come in. Leave some food out and call for her. I'm so sorry you are going through this. I hope others come on to give you some advise. All the luck, and please keep us updated!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I agree with the above. FB usually has lost and found pet groups that you can post to. Also, Paw Boost is a good site as ell. Another good source is the Next Door Neighbor web site. Use this TCS article to make a plan for trying to find her - it is contained in the latter half of the article.
Help! My Cat Is Lost! - TheCatSite