My cat went missing for 2 days and I’m really sad

Meomongmo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have 5 cats and all spayed/neutered. One of them is an indoor/outdoor cats. Yesterday she snuck out the window and missing whole night and when I found out I immediately searched the house and asked the neighbor, I spent the whole day looking for her and asking the neighbors, some of them won’t let me in because they’re scared of covid so I printed out posters today and asked local shelter, still no signs. She has never been missing this long :(. I’m upset and freaking out because it’s cold and raining outside, I put water and litter box out the window where I last saw her. I love all of my cats so much I just don’t want them to get hurt :(

Lucy&Petra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Try looking at around midnight. Cats tend to go about 5-10 houses east/west of your home. Leave a trail of very smelly food your cat loves back to your house. Do not call the cat's name or make loud noises. Take a flashlight and see if you can see any glowing eyes. Put a big sign outside your house/apartment for neighbors to see. Use a spray bottle and fill it with water from a can of tuna, then spray a trail to your house. Put a warm place to sleep for the cat outside, with a blanket they recognize. Do not put litter outside - this has been debunked by research that shows that it actually attracts other animals and can scare your own cat away. Keep trying until you find your cat, don't give up! Good luck!!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Dusk and dawn are prime times to search, as well. Take a flashlight with you, to check small, enclosed areas (under houses, even under thick bushes). Many cats have been found when owners spotted their little eyes gleaming from a hiding spot. Take treats with you. If you spot her, sit down and talk gently to her, rattle the treat bag and wait. If you move towards her, she might panic and run, no matter how much she loves you.