my cat want to kill my other cat

1nana

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have two cats one of them gave birth to kittens recently (unfortunately they died:( )

they had some problems before but nothing serious .. like the would chase each other and that's it ... not hurting

but now the cat that gave birth recently wants to kill the other ... i mean really aggressive fights .. i was really afraid that she will kill her when i tried to stop the fight she fought with me and i bled ... and she is really strong and the other one is not so she might kill her

now i put one in a room for 3 hours and let the other one go around the house as she likes .. and then after 3 hours i put the other one .. and so on

and it's really tiring and heart breaking i used to sit and they would be both with me but now i can't

what should i do?

and why is this happening? 

is it because she gave birth? but there are no kittens with her

will she stop hating the other cat so much after a while? i don't mind her hating her but i mind the aggressive fights

i have no idea what happened to her all of the sudden 

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes it is because she gave birth, regardless that the kittens did not survive, she is still in a highly protective mode.

They BOTH need to be spayed asap.

This will dramatically calm things down and prevent future kittens as well as more trouble in your home between these 2.

Can I ask why the babies died?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

1nana

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
when can I spay her after she gave birth?

is week ok?

she is still very attached me after she gave birth (she wasn't like that before)

and she is still aggressive towards the other cat

does it matter?

should I spay her now? 

skeletor

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes she can be spayed now. If her kittens had made it a lot of vets recommend holding off until the kittens are weaned for a number of reasons but due to her situation she's okay to be spayed any day now.

Yes it will make a huge difference. Momma cat hormones are powerful, and some kitties also go through aggressive/depression after losing a litter. Sometimes the removal of those hormones through a spay can be the best thing to getting your former balance back

1nana

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
yah at first she didn't care that they weren't there but now she's going again and again to the place she gave birth in

i thought that if she remembers it will be for 3 days top .. but she still remember them and i think you're right she's depressed don't know when will she forget 

the only think that i'm scared about in the surgery that because she just gave birth her womb is bigger .. so the surgery will be harder and when they cut her it will be a little bit bigger cut 

1nana

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
she have depression and i lock her in a room for 3 hours every 3 hours ... i'm not sure if it's a good idea

should i lock the other cat more? because being outside the room more might help her depression

the problem is the other cat loves people more .. she go crazy when i lock her .. she is very playful too

her surgery is on monday .. not sure what should i do till then .. that's if i went through with it

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would separate them until they can be spayed and have a chance to recuperate a bit.  You may have to reintroduce them afterward as well.  I'm sure you can consult your vet over the phone about the spaying concerns. 

This article outlines how to introduce cats: http://www.thecatsite.com/a/introducing-cats-to-cats.  You may not need to do it quite as slowly or precisely; but the techniques in there may help restore some harmony to your household.  Good luck!

skeletor

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The spay shouldn't be any more or less dangerous for her after giving birth and this will be the best thing for her.

I wouldn't hold off on the spay due to the issues you're having with your other kitty BUT if you do and if she's still producing milk you can see if a rescue group has a litter of bottle babies. She can be a foster mom and give those kittens a chance to live that they may not have had. This can also break her depression because she will have babies to take care of. It's funny, they don't usually know that they aren't theirs. There are even cats that have adopted puppies, squirrels and ducks to their litter.