my cat the escape artist

alayna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi so i have a female cat (sophie) who is just under a year, she was a stray when we found her. She is healthy and we have attempted to make her a housecat. Our neighborhood is filled with other cats, and there is another cat in our apartment complex,( they are sort of like townhouses, ground level) and that cat has claimed the property and as his territory. She is also not fixed yet (our vet is on vacation, but when he returns will do the surgery and help us with a payment plan) So in short, we just dont feel comfortable with her being an outdoor cat. Yet she tries to escape every chance she gets, and often hides under our car while we spend the next 10 mins trying to drag her out from under there.

So what im asking is how the heck do i keep my cat indoors? any suggestions would be helpful. thanks

thevegancuddler

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Can you maybe put her in a comfortable room when you have to leave? Perhaps your bedroom, with her litterbox, water (food if you're free-feeding), and toys? She doesn't need full run of the house all the time. :) Just be mindful of the doors, and maybe even put her in a room when someone has to enter or exit. Or hold her, if she doesn't thrash and escape that way.