My cat stopped eating from his bowl

detectiveoreo1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I already posted the food portion of this question in the nutrition forum but I am curious if anyone else ever had this issue.

Recently my elder cat Detective Oreo got sick and stopped eating his normal food. Vet said he was just nauseous and to try to get him to eat. He stopped eating his usual food and eventually I got him to eat a different kind.

Now his new thing is he won't eat from his bowl. I thought maybe when he was sick, the bowl was too small for his face and whiskers, so I bought him a bigger bowl. He refused to eat from that as well. Now I feed him on paper plates since he wont eat from anything else. Does anyone else just feed their cats on paper plates?

nora1

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I use ceramic plates, small dishes with a bit of a curve on the edges. I found them at a dollar store. I have 2, one for breakfast and one for dinner. 

Last edited:

nora1

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

does your cat try to break them? I am nervous he will push it and smash it and get hurt if I am not around...
Nope, she just licks the food off. If some food falls over the edge, she gently nudges the plate to reach the food :) She's a fast eater, but not "pushy" about it.

I should add that I have the plate in a silicone place mat, on the floor. The silicone helps the plate from sliding all over the place. However you don't need to use one :)

Last edited: