My Cat Stalks Me When I Have My Coffee...WHAT THE?

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat, Spot, comes running when I have the cereal bowl--and will wait patiently and quietly while I'm eating. But has to lap the bowl when I'm done. He's so spoiled!

tru87

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My male cat will want to get his nose into everything. Be it a salad or a cup of coffee - he always wants to mess up my food with his hair lol

lexington

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my cat is the same way around coffee. The only differance is i wont let him have it. He is all over me like stink on cat in the morning when pepare my coffee. He usually tries to jump his way up to the coffee maker but never succeeds. Everyone loves the smell of coffee, perhaps animals are no differant.

Think about his too. The coffee bean is in the cocoa family. witch in some way or another is related to cocain. All Cocoa beans excrete some form of stimulant. Perhaps cats are way more reactive to caffine than we can imagine.

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Karma does not like the smell of coffee but she loves the way its made. She will sit on the counter and watch it drip in to the pot. She loves all the noises the coffee maker makes. She also knows that she does not get breakfast till mom gets her coffee so she sits and watches it with this look of "are you done yet?" On days when I feed her first she still jumps up just to watch the coffe brew. Its the strangest thing. Oh the funniest is when I set the timer and it comes alive all on its own. She lets out this howl and starts yelling at it. I don't know why but its funny.

chrissyr

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have to be careful when I make or drink coffee. Jake tries to swat the coffee as it pours out of my machine. He watches what I do with the cup and then tries to sneak a drink. I usually catch him. There have been times where he's got to it before I knew he did. Only way I found out was he, basically, was bouncing off the walls.

claired

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh man. I'm glad my cat doesn't give a rat's behind about coffee...I work at starbucks, so he'd be all over me when I come home! (I swear, when I wash my hair after work, it smells like I'm brewing a pot.)

But the valerian root...watch out. It gets him sooooo goofy. He gets aggressive with it, too. He's a bit scary.

VLN

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is it just my kitty or do your cats react to the smell of coffee like catnip. I spilled some on the carpet by accident one day and he took one wiff and he was all over it like catnip. Now when I drink it, he comes after me crying for some. So I sprinkle some on his blanket and he goes nuts. I don't get it. Can anyone tell me something about this? Thanks gang!
My female torti, Socks, loves to lick a pinch of raw coffee. Then she drinks water. (I say she should jump up & down to mix the two!) She also loves the smell of bleach and when I wipe the counter or floor with a bleach rag, she want to roll on it and sometimes lick where the bleach has been. I let her sniff some alcohol, but she recoiled and ran away. Loves the bleach, though.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my girls was just like V VLN . If I wasn’t looking she would dip her paw in my coffee and then lick it off. I assumed it was the creamer at first but after I caught her eating coffee grounds off the counter I knew it was the coffee itself. Not good for her of course but sometimes she looked so longingly at my cup that I would pour out a dab for her.