My Cat sometimes has aggressive behaviour, what do I do?

elixia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My Cat as just turned 1 year old. He's quite sociable, loves attention and is always in a room with someone. Very rarely alone. He's very playful, vet said he's all healthy. We all love him. But sometimes he's aggressive and we don't know why.

An example that happened recently.
He loves being petted while eating, he usually looks at me for a few seconds signaling me to follow him to his food bowl. And I usually do, I pet him while he eats. I usually stop midway though, staying crouched is kind of uncomfortable. But today, I stopped midway and walked off. He stop eating, ran towards me and bit my leg, quite hard. Luckily I was wearing thick pj's bottoms. But I still got dents. I pushed him gently off my leg and he was still looking to bite me, I had to keep my hand hovering above him so he wouldn't. He then meow'd which I found quite confusing. His ears weren't back and his tails wasn't swishing. I gave him a toy and closed him out of my room so he would calm down.

I don't understand why he does this. Is it a call for attention?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like normal play aggression, in that case.  He didn't want you to walk away, so he chased you.  He may also have been overstimulated.  It's not anger.

How often do you play with him?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

elixia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It sounds like normal play aggression, in that case.  He didn't want you to walk away, so he chased you.  He may also have been overstimulated.  It's not anger.

How often do you play with him?
I see. I just thought it was quite weird because he was still looking to bite. It happens from time to time where we would be sitting down for example, and he'd climb the chair and attack.

And I play with him around 2 to 3 hours a day.

Thanks for the help