My cat seems to be bleeding internally for a tumour, anyone go through anything similar ?

nugget345

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m awaiting results of an X-ray currently.
my cat started becoming lethargic and not eating about 3 weeks ago, the vet did a bunch of tests which all came back negative and gave him medications and he has been a lot better and eating a lot , he had two blood tests the first looked promising as his (platelet?) levels had risen but we’re still low and the second showed they had fell again.
the vet then did an ultrasound and seemed to see something they couldn’t make out, they shaved his belly and said the pink spots were points of bleeding. The X-ray should give a clearer indication . I’m devastated because I can’t imagine I’m going to get good news, anyone had anything similar ?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nugget345

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He turned 7 this year, no history of health issues besides a couple of skin issues that were treated with antibiotics. Funnily enough the X-ray showed the mass to just be food, apparently he was quite greedy with food this morning, I’m happy it isnt a tumour but they still don’t know why his levels are so low, they have for now said to continue his medication, The first vet said the pink spots were bleeding spots but the second, bigger vet in bigger town, didn’t seem to be overly concerned with them. I’m becoming very worried they can’t seem to find a diagnosis

Aafia Ijaz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He turned 7 this year, no history of health issues besides a couple of skin issues that were treated with antibiotics. Funnily enough the X-ray showed the mass to just be food, apparently he was quite greedy with food this morning, I’m happy it isnt a tumour but they still don’t know why his levels are so low, they have for now said to continue his medication, The first vet said the pink spots were bleeding spots but the second, bigger vet in bigger town, didn’t seem to be overly concerned with them. I’m becoming very worried they can’t seem to find a diagnosis
Any updates?