My Cat scratches walls

hoppypotter

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi

I have a grey cat called Lola.  She is four and loves to wreck things.  She used to scratch the carpet but I got some help from here and bought a cardboard scratch mat which she uses all of the time so that stopped that problem.  Now she likes to stand up and stretch and scratch the wall.  She used to do this in our old house and when we moved she stopped. 

What is the ideal solution to this.  I understand she wants to stretch and scratch.  We did have a large scratching post which I ended up giving to my sister in law for her cat as we never seen Lola use it.  Funny enough, ever since we gave this away she starts scratching the walls.  Is a large vertical scratching post the answer to this?  Any other suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

HP

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
There are even scratchers that you can mount on the wall. I have one cat that stretches and lets his claws slide down the wall like fingernails on a chalk board :D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hoppypotter

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the reply.  I have heard of these but I wouldn't want to put them on the wall as it would look ruin the look of the hall.  I know Lola is doing her best at the minute doing this :D but it would need to be something that we cannot hang on the wall.

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
Then I do think the large vertical scratching post is the way to go. :)