My Cat Scratched me

itsmearvi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi cat experts,

My cat sctrached me. is this alarming? do i need to go to my doctor or i can just put some ointments and take antibiotics?

Thanks!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You can just put ointment on it.  Keep an eye on it and if you notice it getting more inflamed and infected, then go to the doctor.  Most scratches are okay, it's bites you have to really worry about.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Unless you're a diabetic or have some other issues healing, you should be fine if you wash them and keep triple antibiotic ointment on them.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
That's almost a daily occurrence at the shelter where I work. We use an antiseptic spray right after being scratched, then antibiotic ointment for a day or two. Unless the area around the scratches becomes hot and inflamed there's no reason to worry.

meowmmy_aprile

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I get scratched all the time. Those deep dig the claws in scratches that hurt like you know what. I have even had them try to jump in my lap and miss and do the dig the claws in while sliding down your leg scratches that the claws get stuck in your leg and have to pry them loose. Ouch and have been fine.

No need to worry, your scratches look like the I own a cat scratches all of us encounter.