My Cat(s) Are So Spoiled That....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mystik Spiral

I put unbreakable toys on the counter for her each morning because she likes to knock them down and watch them fall.
That's what I should do.
The other night BlackJack knocked the measuring cup off the counter and onto the floor and shattered it into a thousand pieces. There's nothing like the sound of shattering glass that gets your attention - especially at 2 o'clock in the morning.
The next measuring cup I buy will be made out of plastic.

Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I let her sleep on my freshly laundered clothes

She eats better than we do!
When times got bad I subjected myself to eating Ramen Noodles and other "cheap" foods - but the cats still ate well.

david's steph

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Draco

I let Picasso bite my feet through the covers in bed as I hold still, waiting for her to be bored of my feet. ouch!...
FANTASTIC! mine claw me for scritches when I am sleeping, claw marks on my arms (not bad, just gentle), I let them, Lilly fell asleep with her claws lightly gripping my forearm today, it was so weird to be held by a sleeping cat with claws grabbing me, fabulous, heaven on earth these cats are

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm hiding this thread from my furbabies!!!

If they are on my spot on the couch or bed or I wanna roll over in bed, I'm not shy about picking em up and relocating em, and Wesley is always quick to protest with a loud long meeeeeeeoowwwwww.
I'm higher in the food chain and pay the bills, so they have to deal.

They are spoiled with lots of playtime and kitty presents, and let Wesley ride on my shoulder even though it hurts sometimes.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
DH says our cats are so spoiled, they don't even know they're spoiled. They think all cats live like this.

They only drink bottled water (we had issues with our well when we first moved in, went to bottled water and, even though we now have a water filtration/osmosis/softener system in the basement, they still drink only bottled water).

I wash all of their blankies, pillowcoverings, towels, etc. every week, so they're always clean and fresh for them. It is one full load of laundry because there are lots of blankies and pillows throughout the house.

In the winter, we keep our house fairly cool. When we're home during the day, the electric blanket on the bed is never turned off. And as soon as we come home from work, the very first thing we do is go to the bedroom, plug the blanket in, and set both sides. That way, when they're finished with supper, they can go to bed in comfort. (And if, by some chance, we forget to turn the blanket on? BooBoo will come to use and start meowing to remind us that we forgot! He'll meow and then look back the hallway. That's my cue to get back there and turn that blanket on for them!)

I had put a small pillow on my desk in the computer room for Banshee, our Bridge baby, because she was always with me. After we got Mollipop and she decided to hang out with me, we put the pillow back on my desk for her. It's now called "Mollipop's Throne" and she likes being there when I'm on the computer. My desk is huge and there's plenty of room for my stuff and her stuff, too.

They have their own kitty couch and they do use it. They have their little toy box, shaped like a mouse, and BooBoo will peek his head inside the toy box, pick out a toy, grab it with his mouth and pull it out to play with it.

Years ago, when Ms. Pepe was younger, she loved to lay on top of the refrigerator. I figured she might as well be comfortable there, so I bought a large dog bed and plopped it on the fridge, so that when she jumped up, she could lay in comfort. She loved being on top of her world and it was funny to see her head sticking out looking at us when we opened the fridge door. The pillow is now on the bedroom floor b/c Pepe has a hard time jumping that far since she's gotten older. (A note of caution: If you put a large pillow on top of your fridge, make sure there's still enough room for air to circulate around the fridge coils and such. I was always moving that pillow to the front of the fridge.)

The cats are afraid of the vacuum cleaner, so right before I vacuum, we have catnip parties. I'll put a small amount of catnip in six little piles on the living room floor. The cats will each go to a pile, eat, sniff, roll around, get high and act goofy. Then they get a nice snack and I'll carry each cat back to bed. I'll close the door and they get a nap while I'm vacuuming the rest of the house. I'll wait until they awaken again and after they're moving around, then I'll go into the bedroom to vacuum and clean. (Our main catnip parties are usually on Saturday morning. DH does banking and such and while he's gone, I'll do the main vacuuming and clean the house a bit.)

Whenever I make something with canned tuna, I open one extra can. That can is divided up amongst the six cats....Mollipop has decided that tuna is a very good thing. I've done that for years. I don't know what I'm going to do if Tabitha decides she likes tuna, too. They don't get much, it's just a smidgen, but they really enjoy it.

We buy Frosty Paws for the cats...it's basically a kind of ice cream for your cats...they have it for dogs, too. I'll take a small package out of the container and divide it for the six of them. They all love it.

You get the idea.
It's our cats' life; we're just here to open cans. And it's our cats' house; we just pay the mortgage.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

It's a standing routine in my house that after I take a shower, the furkids will stand in line for their brushing after I've brushed out my own hair.
OMG!! You too!!!

I use a shower chair in the shower. As soon as I open the curtain I towel dry my hair a little and then brush it. I have a line up of kitties demanding to be brushed. So even before I get out of the shower, each one gets a little brushing.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hehe

Oh my...... I think my cats are so spoiled they have an identity crisis - they think they are babies

Let's go down the list:
  • For starters, my apartment is completely modified - I am sure my deposit is GONE. I have Window sills that are nailed down for safety, shelves all over my living room - huge 6ft long shelves and several smaller ones, a 6ft tall cat tree, box castles, many cat beds every where..... here, I am the rent payer.
  • Their food costs more than mine - hands down
  • when I was unemployed, they had health insurance, I didn't
  • They drink bottled water, I drink filtered tap
  • their canned food is blended in their own smoothie maker - that's right, I bought it for this purpose only; and they only eat it just so
  • the amount of canned food they eat is measured by weight in their own electronic scale
  • they all eat different foods........ which brings me to Lucky's high tech feeding station: A Wooden cat furniture with microchip pet door that opens only for her
  • They have a leave-in vet-tech pet sitter for when I travel, which is often.... She pretty much takes my paycheck with her
  • Bugsy can go off food sometimes, and a lot of times (more often than not) get spoon fed
  • each one has their favorite places and routines to eat, Hope for example has her little happy dance, and I have to watch and cheer her up until she is all done so she starts eating
They are spoiled for sure......... but I wouldn't have any other way - love seeing their personality shining through!

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
LOVE this thread!

We just had a bbq for supper. Our cats are SO spoiled that we both not only made sure to save them some chicken & steak, Dana cut it all up into little bite sized pieces for them!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm laughing, because a lot of things that didn't even occur to me to be "spoiling" are listed in this thread.

Having a completely modified home...
Having cat beds and vertical space everywhere...
Washing their beds and blankets weekly....
Keeping their litter boxes clean...
Keeping their water bowls clean and changed daily...
Giving them bottled water instead of tap water...
Spending more on their needs than ours...
Never closing any doors (other than the front door!)...
Including them in the BBQ and cutting up their food for them...

They've got me so well trained I don't even KNOW I'm spoiling them!