My Cat Poops In The Shower... Help!

sophieloafieloo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have four cats, and two of them gang up and bully their sister! She is very stressed out and has been using the shower as a litter box. How do I fix this?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
How many litterboxes do you have? The general rule of thumb is one box per cat plus one, so that cats don’t feel like they have to compete over resources. If the other cats are bullying her and preventing her from using the litterbox, if there are not enough different boxes around, she will find an alternate place to use as a litterbox.

Here’s an article that gives some helpful info about multi-cat households, and has a special section about how to handle litterboxes: The Multi-cat Household

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Besides putting litter boxes and the food in different rooms, spreading the resources around your house .... can you put a litter box in your shower as a temporary stop gap ... then in a couple of weeks slowly moving the box next to the shower, then over a couple of months moving it to another room (slowly.)

It sounds like she is stressed, the poor dear. Can you give her a room for herself for part of the day? See if it helps? Lastly are you 100% sure she is physically OK? Cats have litter box accidents sometimes when it hurts to go.