My Cat Plays Dead !

Eurasian

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Dracula was abandoned in a hit and run incident 2 years ago. Some good people transferred him to a vet clinic where the doctors wanted to put him down because "he had many broken bones and who would pay for his recovery". With my husband we happened to stop by the clinic that day to buy rabbit food (my dad has an adorable bunny). Dracula was sitting inside his cage with a stoic look. I felt that he knew that they didn't want him. One of the assistants said "He will be most likely scheduled for tomorrow, because who will take him?" I got so upset hearing that. I asked her what was the problem and she pretty much summoned it to a bunch of nonsense, like him being "too old" (he is around 3), deformed (ears have been torn in cat fights in the past) and "hostile". I said to my husband "we are getting him outta here right now" and he agreed. We signed up adoption papers at light speed (they couldn't wait to get rid of him) and took him home. The recovery was very long and left him with a limp, but other than that he is happy and healthy. I always had cats, but never before I have seen a cat playing dead like him, it's very convicing and the first time I saw I freaked out thinking that he died! You can check him out here:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Eurasian

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would have totally freaked out if I saw my cat lying that way.
The first time I saw him I almost got a heart attack thinking "That's it. He died" and stormed in the living room, but now it's routine. Sometimes I don't tell the guests/friends who visit though and their reactions are priceless!