My cat pawed my face to wake me up and it didn't work, so she stuck me with one claw

howard

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So, my cat likes to wake me up to feed her.

She tries many different things to get my attention.

She will paw my face with no claws, but if that doesn't work, she will actually stick one of her claws out and gently stick me in the face with it.

It is like one of those cartoon cats you see on TV who uses their claws like a switch blade knife.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, cats have many inventive ways to wake their people up to demand food. I used to have one kitty who, like yours would prick my cheek, and then if that didn't work he would lick my eye lids. I had another who would stick a whisker up my nose.

I don't ahve those issues any more though because I do not feed as soon as I get up.

I recommend you wait an hour after you get up to feed, so she will not associate you getting out of bed with getting food and attention.

Most mornings my cats stay in bed longer than I do!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our deaf kitty communicates with her paws. We free feed the kitties specifically because we didn't want to have to worry about sleeping in on the weekends

But Flowerbelle LOVES water out of a bottle cap (!!!!) and if she feels like some - well - get the paw poke in the eye.
She'll also progress to licking the eyelids. If I roll over to ignore her, she then starts pulling my hair.
I have to either suffocate under the blankets, or give her water in a bottle cap.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fred would hook a claw into my eyebrow rings to wake me up. I switched to barbells and really confused him. Then he started gumming my nose. He was old and missing some teeth. Then he taught Georgia to steal my earplugs out of my ears. My current crew just stomps on me until I get up.

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Friday would try to lift my eyelids with his paw and when that didn't work he too would use a claw. On my eyelid. Thankfully, he grew out of it.

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rattles would pat me gently on the eyelid every morning. If I refused to respond then I knew the second attempt would involve claws!! It was a little annoying at the time, but I miss it now. Bella sits very close to my face and just stares at me so hard I can feel it!! She likes to play with my head in the mornings

bunnelina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Howard

So, my cat likes to wake me up to feed her.

She tries many different things to get my attention.

She will paw my face with no claws, but if that doesn't work, she will actually stick one of her claws out and gently stick me in the face with it.

It is like one of those cartoon cats you see on TV who uses their claws like a switch blade knife.
I LOVE cats who do that! They do own us, after all...