My Cat Passed Away.

pastelcolouredsky

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
On Sunday September 22, 2019, my cat Mika passed away.
My family moved homes and she was a barn cat up until that point. Prior to moving, the time I spent with Mika, she seemed to be in good health. Since she was a barn cat, she hadn’t received any shots or vaccinations. She was about 4 years old. She started staggering when she would walk, along with different bathroom habits. (Laying in her litter box, peeing on a bed.) When I found her, she had what looked like a mixture of blood and mucus coming from her mouth and her nose.
I’m so heartbroken and the amount of guilt I feel is eating me alive, because I never took her to the vet. She had so much love left to give, and so many happy years ahead of her.

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am so sorry for Mika and you. She was so pretty. If she was outside a lot, it is possible that she ingested something that was poisonous. Many poisonings can take a cat down pretty fast, so there might not have been anything you could have done.

:alright: You now have an angel in Mika, looking over you. :angel3:

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry for your loss, it is easy to look back and think "I should've done this or that" but we do what we can at the time. I am sorry that she didn't live long, but she is fine now no more pain or struggles.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, so sorry for your loss, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pastelcolouredsky

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am so sorry for Mika and you. She was so pretty. If she was outside a lot, it is possible that she ingested something that was poisonous. Many poisonings can take a cat down pretty fast, so there might not have been anything you could have done.

Thank you so much! It means the world to me

pastelcolouredsky

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am sorry for your loss, it is easy to look back and think "I should've done this or that" but we do what we can at the time. I am sorry that she didn't live long, but she is fine now no more pain or struggles.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, so sorry for your loss, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:
Thank you! That really made me cry. I’d give anything just to hold her again.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss, but please remove the guilt ridden phrases 'should of and could of' could of' from you mind. Her symptoms were so severe and came on so quickly that I doubt that any vet could have saved her.

No greater saying that it is the quality of life, not the quantity, that truly matters. She had a great quality of life with you.

You were an awful good friend to that sweet little tabby. Had she not found you she would have remained a barn cat who never knew the good things in life, like yummy food, a nice place to sleep, security, and that sweet little pink collar she is proudly wearing.

will2002

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have had many cats and kittens in my care over the past 66 years, so I suppose have seen a bit of everything that can happen to a cat. I have had many cats that had every bit of the professional health care one could be given, that failed to make it to the four year mark.

Some things are simply not meant to be. We don't like it, but there is nothing we can do about it! Mika wouldn't want you to worry yourself sick about her passing. She would rather you remember the good times and move on with life.

There are millions of cats and kittens that need our help. Maybe when sufficient time has passed, you might find one that you can help in memory of Mika. That would make a lot of cats, kittens, and one old man cat lover, very happy.

pastelcolouredsky

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have had many cats and kittens in my care over the past 66 years, so I suppose have seen a bit of everything that can happen to a cat. I have had many cats that had every bit of the professional health care one could be given, that failed to make it to the four year mark.

Some things are simply not meant to be. We don't like it, but there is nothing we can do about it! Mika wouldn't want you to worry yourself sick about her passing. She would rather you remember the good times and move on with life.

There are millions of cats and kittens that need our help. Maybe when sufficient time has passed, you might find one that you can help in memory of Mika. That would make a lot of cats, kittens, and one old man cat lover, very happy.
Thank you so much for your kind words sir!
In time, I intend to adopt another cat from a shelter and give her all of the attention and love that Mika was so fond of.

pastelcolouredsky

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss, but please remove the guilt ridden phrases 'should of and could of' could of' from you mind. Her symptoms were so severe and came on so quickly that I doubt that any vet could have saved her.

No greater saying that it is the quality of life, not the quantity, that truly matters. She had a great quality of life with you.

You were an awful good friend to that sweet little tabby. Had she not found you she would have remained a barn cat who never knew the good things in life, like yummy food, a nice place to sleep, security, and that sweet little pink collar she is proudly wearing.
Aww, thank you very much for your kind words!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mika would be so proud you would love her enough to spread that love to another little one. Love is meant to be shared and allowed to grow, not hidden in the darkness of grief and drowned in tears. She brought so much to your life, don't let this end taint your beautiful memories that can bring you comfort in the coming days and weeks. Just as you would want for her if you were the first to go, so she wants for you. So let her live on, carried in your heart, as you seek the joys in life. She is a precious treasure that can't be matched, and the love you two shared formed an unbreakable bond that not even death can break. "Death cannot take that which never dies", and you know your love for that sweet little girl is eternal.
My heart goes out to you, I'll keep you both in my thoughst and prayers. Please take care of yourself.....RIP precious Mika. You will never be forgotten, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

pastelcolouredsky

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Mika would be so proud you would love her enough to spread that love to another little one. Love is meant to be shared and allowed to grow, not hidden in the darkness of grief and drowned in tears. She brought so much to your life, don't let this end taint your beautiful memories that can bring you comfort in the coming days and weeks. Just as you would want for her if you were the first to go, so she wants for you. So let her live on, carried in your heart, as you seek the joys in life. She is a precious treasure that can't be matched, and the love you two shared formed an unbreakable bond that not even death can break. "Death cannot take that which never dies", and you know your love for that sweet little girl is eternal.
My heart goes out to you, I'll keep you both in my thoughst and prayers. Please take care of yourself.....RIP precious Mika. You will never be forgotten, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!
It was impossible not to cry while reading this, thank you for all of your thoughtful words.