My cat neglects his toys and slams himself into walls.

justicat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've only had my Ollie for eleven days but he's entirely spoiled rotten! I'm not sure what types of toys he enjoys just yet, so he has a random mix at the moment: a scratching post, giant feather wand, three little throw mice, two big jingle bell rolling balls, and two mice on posts that he can swat at. However, he doesn't seem to enjoy playing with any of the toys I bought...he'll play with his tail, cat treats (doesn't even eat the treats, just bats at them) and he even tosses around the extra cat kibble that has fallen on the floor. 

Also, I've noticed he tends to get in moods where he runs around the apartment, tail bristled, and he runs smack into all the walls, furniture, and patio door. Just runs right into it. Is he just being a cat or is there something I need to be watching out for?

faery

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How old is he? Do you know much about his history?

Cats/kittens who haven't had toys or other cats "showing them the ropes" may not know what a toy is. Playing with treats, food, and their own tail is normal so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

I currently have four nearly 7 week old kittens who run around like crazy and crash into things, but only one will ram face first (she has a vision issue). Is he siding up to them hitting the wall or running straight into it?

tulosai

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
 Playing with treats, food, and their own tail is normal so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

I currently have four nearly 7 week old kittens who run around like crazy and crash into things, but only one will ram face first (she has a vision issue). Is he siding up to them hitting the wall or running straight into it?
Yes, the things he is playing with are very normal.  I am working from home today and one of my cats literally chased, pounced on, bit, and then chased again his OWN tail for nearly 5 minutes.

I am also curious about what yo mean about him banging into walls.  My cats do this sometimes but mostly when they are frantically chasing one another and can't brake fast enough.  Age might be important here as little kittens have no brakes at all; if he is older and continuously running into walls, it may be a issue.

Congrats on your new addition!

nimlezz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat does this too!!!! And does thing weird cirlce thing with her neck