my cat might be pregnant.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Way I feel is a cat goes on insticnt a lot more then us.  Humans to some extent but they would actually think hey this could end in pregnancy lets go to drug store and get a pack to protect us from that.  A cat can not go ask for a spay or go ask for pills.  It relies on us for its best interest and long term care.  I feel if your willing to keep all the kittens and not take ANY homes away that could go adopt a kitten already here then allow her to have the kittens.  

I have not had any issues spaying pregnant cats-one was pretty far along, another only few weeks in and another was days in.  All recovered like normal spays.  Even the late termer.  Reality is there are FAR to many. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cguthrie2011

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I understand everyones concerns. But I must say I have dealt with my share of animals. My grandfather had many animals that he had spayed and out of them there were three that were pregnant. Two were not far along but one was and each one became extremely depressed. The one that was far along refused to eat and eventually killed itself as there was nothing the vet or my family could do to get her to eat drink or move. It is quite possible for animals to grow attached to their fetuses and end up dying of a broken heart. I chose not to let my Cupcake suffer like that. I understand how you all feel that I should just have them aborted but I have chosen to have them spayed after birth. The ONLY thing I wanted to know was how to make her more comfortable and what I should watch for.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cguthrie2011

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have made it perfectly clear aborting is out of the question. I would appreciate it be a dropped issue now please.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
This thread is going off topic.

Could we please just help cguthrie2011 in her request: The ONLY thing I wanted to know was how to make her more comfortable and what I should watch for.

Thanks everyone.