My Cat May Be Acting Strangely

nugget345

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My 1 and a half year old cat is pretty skittish usually, he's just a jumpy cat always has been, but lately I've noticed he's extremely jumpy, we've had alot of wind around lately and I attributed it to that for awhile, but I'm noticing the same behavior inside the house aswell. He's also been turning his nose up at food that he usually eats, the only thing he will eat in the last three days is cooked chicken and he usually likes wet food. But he has been known to be a picky eater. He's playing like normal and he seems ok outside when I'm out there, still looking around all the time like he thinks something is going to jump out at him. I'm not sure if I'm just over thinking things or not and if a vet visit is a little over the top I'm just wondering if the sudden windy weather and warmer days could be triggering this behavior.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Cats are certainly very aware of changes in weather and such. It well could be that. But anytime you have a question, and a vet visit won't break the bank, I'm of the "better safe than sorry" persuasion. The worst that can happen is that your vet thinks you're a little overzealous, but that's far better than being remiss!

Has anything changed at your house? New items brought in, change in normal household schedule? Any little thing can throw a cat into a temporary tizzy.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If he's an indoor-outdoor kitty, I'd bring him inside and keep him there until you notice him regaining his confidence. Sounds like something definitely has him spooked. Not sure I'd let him outside again.