MY cat LOVES my husband...help!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jkish7

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by rad65

What do you mean when you say spankings? Cats don't understand negative reinforcement like dogs, and your husband should not punish the cat like it is a dog or he will get bitten or clawed one day and from the description of his annoyance, he would want the cat to go if that happened. Tell him to just close the cat out of the room next time
Oh I already know that cats don't understand punishment but you can't tell him that... its always his choice to let the dog and cat be in the bedroom at night its not up to me... he totally caters to the dog and i don't have really any say on my cat...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jkish7

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by jkish7

I've had my cat for a little over a year, rescued him from a shelter, he's 2 years old. In the beginning, (first 7 months) he absolutely loved me cuddled with me all the time I was the best thing in the world. My husband was not a cat person in the beginning so the cat had to really try and win him over and now he does like the cat and the cat LOVES him. He could care less about me he is always bugging him, following him, wants to sit on him, etc. I feed him dry food always available and clean his litter box. Only time he pays attention to me is before bed and when I'm getting ready in the morning for work. but its still nothing like the attention he gives my husband.

so any advice/suggestions would be awesome

ps. my husband is starting to get VERY angry from this behavior
Replies to everyone's posts
I wanted to add a few tidbits that could be part of the problem.
1. when I first got him I was home all day (first 8 months)
2. Adam didn't like him at all then, now I know he does he plays with him alot.
3. then I got 2 jobs so I'm not home from 5:30-sometime in the afternoon each day. (Adam has always had pretty much the same schedule)
4. my second job is working at a marina so I come home stinking like oil and grease, even though I don't even touch the stuff, since I'm a secretary
5. we have a dog that thinks I am the favorite or Alpha cuz I don't put up with anything and she is the one I really ignore. I'd rather get love from MY cat, the dog is HIS (but I am totally not a dog person, way too much work, stress, and just plain old ticks me off almost every day, cats take care of themselves)

There is totally no aggression with my cat he's a total lover, he just could care less to waste his time on me would rather be with Adam, he won't even play with me cuz he must not want to bite or scratch mom....

I had so many thoughts I've been thinking of adding but forgot now...

kattenyajen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kinda sounds like our cats.

I'm the one who feeds (visibly) cleans litterbox, plays, brings home the fun stuff, gives wet food and treats and is home more often for the moment (slow work season)

Who do ALL the pets love?

The BF.