My cat left her 9 day old kittens 😭😭😭

MistyL83

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat had to have emergency c section after the birth of her kittens 10 days ago. They spayed her when she had the surgery. Today she got out the house n wouldn't come to us but was laying in yard enjoying the sun... We started doing yard work out there, then about 20mins later I looked to see if she may want in but couldn't find her. It's now been hours n nothing. I keep the door open been calling and not a peep from her. I already fed her babies at 9 because it had been since around 5:45 since she been inside with them. They have a heat source. I'm just wondering if this is normal what should I do???

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
My cat had to have emergency c section after the birth of her kittens 10 days ago. They spayed her when she had the surgery. Today she got out the house n wouldn't come to us but was laying in yard enjoying the sun... We started doing yard work out there, then about 20mins later I looked to see if she may want in but couldn't find her. It's now been hours n nothing. I keep the door open been calling and not a peep from her. I already fed her babies at 9 because it had been since around 5:45 since she been inside with them. They have a heat source. I'm just wondering if this is normal what should I do???
You fed the kittens? Good, so survival is not not alarming.... But how come you did feed? Usually they do feed from momma.

And with what?

Is she usually good mother instints, outside of feeding which it seems you are doing by hand?

Is she used to go outside? If so, she knows the ways, and will return...
Otherwise a good trick is to leave some of her used litter outside, to help her find her home...
Go around and searching, and calling....

This situation is common, because they often get in a new heat again.... But if she is already spayed.... Dunno.

Wait and see, try to find her; and continue to handraise her kittens.

Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MistyL83

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update she came in an hour ago. All is well now. I guess she wanted a break. Very scary though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MistyL83

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah we just didn't think she would disappear like that. She has been going out for a few mins with us daily but staying close by. So that was too much of a scare. She is now grounded till her babies are older.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good! I bet those babies are the cutest! It's been a long time since I have had kittens around. mine are all finally spayed, indoor cats and outdoor.