My Cat Left And Hasn't Come Home

boosmomma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello all! I'm the proud mama to 3 beautiful furbabies. Our youngest, Blue, we have had for a year. The first 6 months she lived outside then we had her spayed and she began to live inside and outside. She is a sweet girl! Well, Saturday night we were leaving to put gas in my car for the week and she was on our porch as if she was going to come in. Another stray we have was also outside so Blue was happy to see her. I told my husband we would bring her in when we got back. Well about 10 minutes later we get home and she isn't there. Not completely unusual but we never saw her after that. All day yesterday I walked the neighborhood, called for her and nothing. I am a mess right now. I just hope she shows up soon look in our front door to let her in. Sorry, not really posting a question just need to let it out. I'm so sad :(

Attachments

banana queen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You could try putting up posters in the local area, and if youre on social media, maybe you can post it there and have other people share it, or post on lost pet pages in your local area. You could check local animal shelters to see if she has been handed in there. Ask neighbours to check garages and sheds she might have gotten locked in.

The best time to look for a lost cat is at night. It is quieter-you can hear her better, and if she has gotten scared of something, she might not want to come out when its busy. Walk the streets at night, calling her name and shaking a bag of her favourite cat treats.

A lost cat might come home if you leave something that smells like home outside for them, like the bedding they normally sleep on, or their litter box.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello B boosmomma , don't be dismayed yet. Maybe she just ventured with the other cat to another area for awhile.

Is there a regular trapping of cats by any cat groups in your area? Maybe she was trapped by one of them. Yea, I agree with what banana queen banana queen mentioned. Check with the shelters, hand out flyers. You can also leave a trial of her litter around your house and the walk way.

Do keep us posted and hope she'll be back soon :grouphug: :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very pretty cat. I'm sorry to hear she disappeared, but I wouldn't despair just yet. I would definitely take advice from those who responding previously. Cats have wonderful senses though and she very well could have gone off to explore. Did she wear a collar? Someone could have thought she was dumped and took her in if she didn't. The only outdoor cat I had would occasionally disappear for weeks on end. Sometimes up to a month. However, if she was a friendly cat and didn't have a collar on, then it's possible someone picked her up off the streets. If that's the case then going around talking to people and posting flyers could definitely be helpful.

anziani

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We used to let our cats out but then the coyotes showed up! You didn't say where you lived but they are almost everywhere. We lost a great, smart Bombay. From that time on, kitty stays inside.