My cat keeps getting on the roof I need help to stop him.

crazycatlady40

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know cats like to be up high but my kitten Banjo who is 4 1/2 months has taken that to new heights in the last couple of days. He has been getting on the roof and the houses where I live are pretty close together. He not only gets on our roof but the neighbors as well. I am scared what could happen to him if this behavior keeps up. I need some idea on how to keep him on the ground.

The worst case is that I surrender him back to the RSCPA so someone can adopt him that can handle this behavior but it is a last resort. I would rather try and work through this and for now I may have to keep him indoors.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The first thing you should do is to find out  how does he go up there in the first place? Removing his access to the roof might stop him. 

Being the guardian of indoor outdoor cats I am very familiar with cats on the roof and used to it. My Ni used to visit my neighbor's roof because their cat napped there. They hanged out together once a week. The rest of the time Ni would climb the trees in our yard along with the rest of my other kitties. 

Last edited: