My cat just seems so angry....

catalina miller

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey there!

My lil kitty Missy is having some behavioral problems. I fixed the roommate's daughter problem that i posted on here a while back. Thank god. But my poor kitty is flaring up with anger and I have no idea what to do. So about her past... I got her when she was almost a year and she was raised with her siblings and mama cat. Then when i got her she was the sweetest thing she even liked my god fathers dog charlie and they would play and play until they fell asleep together. I moved about 2 years ago to my current residence with my boyfriend,and a couple other roommates. a year ago i had issues with one roommate's daughter who was staying with us who would agitate my cat by chasing her and tormenting her basically. we stopped the problem ASAP. she turned sweet again.

Then about 4months ago i got a dog. it took my Missy a bit but she now plays with her (but doesnt cuddle with her ever). the pup respects her space cause Missy may have taught her a lesson or two in the first time she approached her in the wrong way. so they seem to get along.She really is a sweet cat.... but something is really upsetting her or she wouldnt be acting this way.

So THE PROBLEM! Missy used to let me pet her and scratch her favorite itchy spots on her neck. Now you may get two strokes in and she growls and gets to biting at you. she used to love cuddling with my right on my face and now she sleeps under the bed or in the closet (her safe spots of the house). i give her treats and she STILL growls at me. and occasionally when i trim her claws (Like today... as you can see in the pictures below...) she freaks and bites and scratches the crap out of my arm. I'm assuming this is redirected aggression cause i have no idea how this all came about. But i Hate seeing her like this i miss my lil sweet purring kitty who loves attention and comes when i call her.  

My opinion is shes jealous of the dog and taking it out on me or i really dont know what the problem is. today i set up the dog in the living room to see if that helps her behavior in the next couple weeks. also gonna take her to the vet after i get my check. 
We try to give Missy attention even when we get home and play with her and give her treats. but she just seems angry and unhappy. and it honestly breaks my heart cause i love her so much. 

So please anyone give me tips and things i can do to help her and help our home life get reset. anything for her to be happy would make me happy. 

jmljml19

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She might be in pain if she won't let you touch her and isn't acting normal. She might be hiding from the pain by going in the closet and under the bed. wouldn't hurt to get her checked out.