My cat jumped and hit his belly/rib area on edge of table. I am worried.

JAbel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was playing with my cat, he was in front of our table (purple circle was where my cat was). I threw the ball we were playing with, he jumped and when he twisted to land, he landed on the edge of the table (the red circle) with his belly/rib area, front paws were on the table, back legs on the floor. It looked like it hurt him, I went to see him, felt the area, he walked away, but he was limping, he seemed a little bit off and he hid under a bed, he ate a few minutes after. Should I be worried? He seemed like super alert and when I would let him sniff my hand or pet him he got sort of scared. He is still limping and moving.

Attachments

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just let him rest quietly. Maybe later he will let you examine the area. If he is still limping or hiding tomorrow, not eating or drinking then you need to take him to be examined by your vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JAbel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay, I'll let him rest and monitor him, thank you so much for replying.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JAbel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think he is better now, he still has a bit of a limp, but nothing compared to yesterday. He was playing with my other cat, he ate and drank water throughout the day and he didn't seem scared or wary like he was yesterday.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That sounds promising, he will most probably be sore for a few days. Try to look at the area he banged if you can just to make sure it looks ok but otherwise just keep an eye on him.