My cat isn't pregnant anymore??

kfconwell23

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So my cat is probably about 1 and a half years old, but she is be small, skinny and dainty. We got a cat we thought was a girl but realized hee was a boy after we came home to them... anywho she seemed to gain a belly and her nipples got a little bigger for line almost 2 months and no kittens. She is only in certain areas so we know she hasn't had then since she is super skinny again. Has anyone had this issue with young or smaller cats ever?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So my cat is probably about 1 and a half years old, but she is be small, skinny and dainty. We got a cat we thought was a girl but realized hee was a boy after we came home to them... anywho she seemed to gain a belly and her nipples got a little bigger for line almost 2 months and no kittens. She is only in certain areas so we know she hasn't had then since she is super skinny again. Has anyone had this issue with young or smaller cats ever?
Unless she has "dropped" ie the kittens are down into the birthing canal and she thus seems smaller, yes this situaition may occur.

Two main reasons: false pregnance - not that unusual.

She had a spontan abortion, and did ate up the pitiful rests.  In such a case there wouldnt be not even a trace left (which is why they do eat up, in nature not to reveal themselves to predators nor enemies)

Please consider to spay her now, as soon as convenient.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The best way to know for sure is an x-ray. If she is no longer pregnant she should be spayed.