My cat is weird.

brian77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat has developed a weird habit of getting my used q tips out of my bathroom trash can after I get out of the shower. The other day instead of putting them in the bathroom trash can I put them in the one in my room with a lid on it. She didn't see me put them in there but the next morning there they were on my floor. She does not dig in the trash for anything else. She is so funny sometimes.

detroitcatlady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cats also like q tips and will take anything out of the bathroom garbage including used kleenex. I found that using one of those garbage cans that you have to step on for the lid to open helps since they can't get into the trash. Does she like unused q tips too? It might just be the size/shape of them that attract her. My cats like anything long and skinny q tips, twist ties, pens, etc always have to be kept far out of reach or my cats will play with them.

cinqchats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My in-laws have a cat who used to go after used sanitary pads. Yes, I kid you not. 

One time the cat went into the trash during a birthday party, then came downstairs to join the fun. Except covered in you-know-what. 

Yup.

freyaandzelda

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Freya does the same thing. I'm constantly finding q-tips all over the house that she's stolen or hidden. It drives me crazy lol.

sabca

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My 2 teenagers have discovered it is fun to pull tissues out of the box and napkins out of the holder and shred them.  More things to put up out of their reach!