My Cat Is Vomiting need help

werra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat is vomiting for more than 24 hours now. It happens for about 7-8 hours interval and an hour or two after feeding her canned food, I already cooked for her chicken and rice but she won't touch it. I already brought her to the vet yesterday and the vet gave me Melmag suspension for the relief of hyperacidity. She doesn't seem to be lethargic because she is eating her food and  feels excited everytime she sees her food bowl. The only thing I noticed is that her voice lowered down a little. The vet said to give the medicine for two times a day for 5 days and I already gave her the medicine 3 times now but she is still vomiting. Is the medicine I am giving her is it right for cat who vomits? What should I do? Should I give her baby chicken food instead?

She also has gingivitis and I am giving her a soothing pet gel with this ingredients Purified Deionized Water, Oxygene (Sodium Chlorite-NaClo2), Carrageenan, Chamomile Extract, Aloe Vera, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. Is this fine to appy and rub to her gums?

Last edited:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did the vet give her something for nausea? Was an xray done to look for blockages?
It could be Hairballs....
Last time this happened to my cat, it was Hairballs. After getting an xray and making sure he wasn't blocked, the vet gave him an injection for the nausea (cerenia) and toldbme to fast him for 12 hours so his tummy would calm down.
He was fine afterwards...... :vibes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

werra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, She only gave me for the relief of hyperacidity,  I have cats before who vomits and my other vet before prescribed me medicine for nausea and vomiting. As I went home yesterday while reading the description of medicine it says for hyperacidity not for nausea and vomting? Should I bring her to other vet and get a medicine for nausea and vomitng? Am I giving her the wrong medicine? My vet didn't suggest an xray because she thinks it's an stomach upset since I said she vomitted for about 3 to 4 times only 

About 2 days ago I put petroleum jelly on her paws and I saw her licked it. Is ok treatment for hairballs? Should I give her again petroleum jelly now?

Last edited:

werra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat vomited again about 4 hours after feeding her. Every time I let her smell her food she is really excited to eat again but she is throwing up what she ate 

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would take her to the vet again, and get an x-ray. Hairballs will not show up in the x-rays, but other blockages will. Hairball blockages will show a gas pattern, which can be recognized.
She HAS to get some nutrition on her - this can be VERY dangerous.
If nothing is blocking her, the vet has to be more proactive. IMHO this is now an emergency - I would take her to the ER.
Get her a shot so the vomit stops, then pills as a follow up. A cat can't go on and on without food.

Yes, Vaseline is proper..... you can give her now again, but as I said, if it was my cat, she would be in the carrier headed to the ER.

Last edited:

werra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If I saw her vomit again after I wake up I will definitely bring her to the vet again but my cat didn't vomit again for a total of 17 hours now, Will she going to be ok now

kittylover23

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would take her to the vet again, and get an x-ray. Hairballs will not show up in the x-rays, but other blockages will. Hairball blockages will show a gas pattern, which can be recognized.
She HAS to get some nutrition on her - this can be VERY dangerous.
If nothing is blocking her, the vet has to be more proactive. IMHO this is now an emergency - I would take her to the ER.
Get her a shot so the vomit stops, then pills as a follow up. A cat can't go on and on without food.
Yes, Vaseline is proper..... you can give her now again, but as I said, if it was my cat, she would be in the carrier headed to the ER.
I agree, better to be on the safe side anyways.