My cat is very sick and hasn't eaten for 2 days.

resqchick

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Susan_Marie

I'm glad your kitty's meow came back, even though you enjoyed the peace and quiet.

It has been 3 weeks and Little Guy still can't make any sounds. During mealtimes, he looks up at me and tries to meow but nothing... I'm just shocked that the vet has never heard of this happening before...
So, before this, he had a loud meow? I know my previous cats have gone through quiet periods of time, but I did have one cat that would "Whisper" most of the time. Does he act weak in any other way?

If he's acting normally during meal time, eating and doing his thing, and just whispering...I wouldn't worry.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

susan_marie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by resqchick

So, before this, he had a loud meow? I know my previous cats have gone through quiet periods of time, but I did have one cat that would "Whisper" most of the time. Does he act weak in any other way?

If he's acting normally during meal time, eating and doing his thing, and just whispering...I wouldn't worry.
Yes, he had a very loud drawn out Meoooooooooowww, but now it's just a pathetic sounding breathy "Ah Ah" sound. He was very sick a few weeks ago from an obstruction, which is now better, but he still doesn't seem like he's back to his normal self. He is very lethargic and lays around all day (typical cat behavior, I know), but he doesn't go into his "30 minute rush" each day like he used to. You know the rush where they take off and make mad dashes everywhere

I know he's getting older, but 9 is not that old...

carolmistert

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Can you tell me how much water for the 1/2 t chicken? Please and thank you. I tried it and so far it seem to help my cat :) But i added 1 t of water.

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If he is suddenly lethargic, and cant meow anymore when before he could, I would take him back in. It couldbe something else that just happened to pop up after the other problem cleared up.