My cat is very pregnant but hasn't given birth!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wonderful! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Are they all nursing well? Have you weighed them?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kitcat2016

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They all started nursing as soon as she popped the sack. She wouldn't let us touch the babies though she was really protective so we couldn't weight them

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Glad they are nursing well. Try to weigh them at some point soon so you have a baseline.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kitcat2016

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat just had kittens and she keeps moving them to my bed in the middle of the night. She gave birth on Fourth of July so the kittens are very new so I'm scared she will set them on my bed in the middle of the night. If I roll over it would hurt of kill them. I put the birthing box in the bathroom and closed the toilet just in case. Would the kittens and mother be ok in the birthing box in the bathroom? What should I do?

hexiesfriend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They will be fine with the door closed the mother will probably feel safer and less likely to move them to your bed where she seems to feel the safest spot is right now. I'd visit her in the bathroom and stroke her and assure her you are still there.

mrrnda

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Do you mind me asking where you are located? Did you keep the kittens or put them up for adoption?