My cat is too cuddly!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is not a real complaint of course - but I can't get anything done!

I'm trying to get down to the hard task of reading new TCS posts and look at pictures of all your adorable kitties, and it's nigh on impossible. He is not content with sitting on my lap and purring, oh no. At the moment I have a cat behind on my lap, a front paw on each shoulder, and a soft, whisker-tickly, purring head jammed under my chin!

I can barely type a post, let alone do any housework - such a shame

Anyone else have this 'problem'?

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm working from home today and "fortunately" started out with three hours of conference calls. Fortunately, because Lucy wanted to be held and after she got tired of it, Carly wanted to be held. Otherwise, no typing could be done.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always have that problem in the morning..Trout MUST be on my lap while I try to eat, drink coffee and catch up on TCS

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I wish I had this problem. Chester is not a cuddly cat. He has been with me for a year and four months and he has just gotten to where he will lay next to me in bed at night and let me rub his belly.

But in a way I guess itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s also a good thing because he doesnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t get under my feet and trip me up. Tripping would not be a good thing. But I would like more cuddling time.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

This is not a real complaint of course - but I can't get anything done!

I'm trying to get down to the hard task of reading new TCS posts and look at pictures of all your adorable kitties, and it's nigh on impossible. He is not content with sitting on my lap and purring, oh no. At the moment I have a cat behind on my lap, a front paw on each shoulder, and a soft, whisker-tickly, purring head jammed under my chin!

I can barely type a post, let alone do any housework - such a shame

Anyone else have this 'problem'?
Yes, Chynna is 14 years old and she's always been a cuddler, but as she's gotten older she's become more so. If she had her way I would be carting her around wherever I went. However, she's a heavy cat and I'm on the heavier side so I don't have much of a lap for her to lay on, so she likes to be held up high on my chest near my head, and she likes to lay crosswise over me with my arms under her like you would hold an infant. So that's not even conducive to being able to type with one hand.

Abby on the other hand has her snuggle moods. When she wants snuggles she leaps up on me and does what your baby does...but after about 5 minutes she's off and doing her own thing again. However, if her food dish is empty she gets extra snuggly and comes around more often for snuggles, LOL It's almost a shame to feed her sometimes, LOL

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every morning starts with Lucky complaining until i lie back on the couch so she can cuddle. Then when i go to get dressed she will meow until i pick her up like a little kid. Sufficed to say that I never get to work without oodles of black and white fur all over me!!! I wouldn't trade those cuddles for anything though!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After I posted this thread, he leaned back against my arm, little feet in the air, and tipped his head back for chin rubs.

He begs for chin rubs. He'll stare at me even from across the room, until he gets my attention (you know how you can sense you're being stared at!) and then tip his head right back, and continue to stare at me with his head on upside down
It's impossible to resist.

I had to go out and meet my husband when he finished work - and there I am with a cat draped on my chest and arm. He wasn't going to move. I had to scoop him up with my arms, and he decided he wasn't going to help me to move him and went all floppy. I deposited him in what looked like a comfy position on a pile of cushions, at which point he decided that being floppy wasn't helping him, so he glared at me instead. Then tipped his head back again for more chin rubs.

That cat is spoiled rotten

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also I swear he does things deliberately so that he gets picked up. He loves being picked up and carried around, and he's worked out that a really good way of doing this is to get up on the kitchen counters. When I pick him up, I flip him onto his back and carry him in my arms. My husband carries him over shoulder. He loves both methods and purrs like crazy. If he is on the kitchen counters and I see him, he starts purring, knowing he will be picked up and carried. I don't think we'll ever train him to stay off the counters using this method!