My cat is suddenly more lethargic than usual...time for vet appt?

three4rd

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Marzi is probably 12 years old - uncertain since the clinic wasn't sure how old she was when we got her but guessed around 1. It just seems like a change - very little interest in playing compared to before. I know her so well, and it just feels different. Had her annual checkup just two months ago and all was fine. Granted we're into summer weather but the house is air conditioned. She has always spent a good amount of time in the basement (on the pool table!) and the basement is not a/c though.

Should I make an appt.? Eating / drinking normally I'd say and yet doesn't come around as much when she's hungry. And doesn't want to jump up on the pool table much anymore, which is where her food bowl has always been. She has been on antinol for the past few years. Appreciate any thoughts. I dread the idea that we're on the downward slope, remembering the pain from the loss of my last cat, and that was a good many years ago already! Marzi just seems a bit more cranky too, like when I'm petting her - a bit more testy than usual - as if it bothers her. She has always been a bit of a biter, but more in a playful way I've always thought. Just seems like a change to me.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would schedule the appointment. You can always cancel it or reschedule it if needed. With senior cats it's a good idea to have full blood work done so the vet can check kidney values and everything else and use the results to compare future blood work results to.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

three4rd

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would schedule the appointment. You can always cancel it or reschedule it if needed. With senior cats it's a good idea to have full blood work done so the vet can check kidney values and everything else and use the results to compare future blood work results to.
Agreed....I will do that. I should have checked before creating this new post since it pretty much echoes last year's! She's probably fine, but just slowing down. Peace of mind to find out for sure, and, of course, even more so if there is something going on.