My cat is still running errands

juliacat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We try to keep our cats inside, but Hungry loves going outside so much that when he sneaks out the door, we sometimes let him stay out. Usually he comes back after 1-2 hours. This morning my husband was letting the dog out and wasn't careful since Hungry has never left the house immediately prior to a meal. But this time he DID leave. My husband fed the dog and our other cat, thinking Hungry would come right back, but he hasn't. It has now been 6 hours. He almost always meows when I call him, even he's all the way down the street, he answers me. No answer this time. We don't live in a particularly high traffic or otherwise dangerous area, but this is such unusual behavior for him that I am starting to panic. :( I know when cats behave abnormally they are trying to tell you something, but any ideas on what he might be trying to tell me? Or where I might look for him? I've never known him to leave our block before. He is microchipped and he is wearing a collar with his name and our phone number on it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

juliacat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He came back this morning! That was a long errand!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
So glad to hear this!
  It's so scary when they're gone like that.