My cat is so unique and I can't figure out which traits she has more of.

kayrbear89

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

This is Skylee. She will be two at the end of March. She is able to fetch and is learning to high five at the moment and is picking it up fairly well. She has a longer tail than most cats I have seen and is incredibly smart. She reminds me of a dog because when i tell her to "Get Down" off a table or something she knows she shouldn't be on she always listens. She will come when you call her name and is very close to me when it comes to other people being around.  I really wish I could find the people I got her from and could ask questions about the parents but I accidentally lost the emails from them. 

Anyone have any ideas of what breeds she could be mixed with? Because of her high intelligence it's difficult to not get the answers I want.  Her face just makes me melt every time i come home.  To me she doesn't look like your average domestic cat. 

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the photo with that adorable plaque(photo #3) she brings Turkish angora mix to mind. Her ability to learn so quickly reenforces that idea. I have a couple of friends who breed Turks and they tell me how smart and active they are. You have a beautiful cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kayrbear89

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well thank you,she is the best cat I could have wished for.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kayrbear89

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's hard to see her tail in these photos but looking up the Turkish Angora her tail looks incredibly similar.

biancavd

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Can you make a picture of her profile? So the side of her head which shows the arch in her nose, the way it flows into her forehead, the shape of her "mouth" etc. That way we can probably tell a little more :) Thanks!

beverlyann

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She's actually looks to be part Siberian Cat, her tail, long fur, the hair coming out of her ears and in-between each toe, up turned eyes. I wouldn't say full bread cause she doesn't have that little tip on her ears but other than that she looks exactly like one. If her back is arched because her back legs are taller than her front ones then she defiantly is Siberian. I have a Siberian cat and he listens also like a dog and makes chirping noise haha they're super weird cats =]

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
May have some Siberian. Here is the description of the coat from the CFA website so you can compare your cats coat.

"very dense, medium to long, water repellent triple coat. This coat is accented with a ruff around the neck, full fluffy britches, and a bushy tail, normally carried up with pride"

I know the cat in question isn't pedigreed, but the coat could be a good indicator of ancestry.

biancavd

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Still waiting for the profile picture. I'm a Siberian Cat Breeder, seeing the profile will make me able to see if he can be a Siberian or not. Currently, the looks strike me more as a part Maine Coon, but I'm not sure. 

Also, as it was said above, Siberians are not required to have tips on the ears. It is allowed, but it's not a must.

Last edited: