My cat is seeing things

david4899

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes sounds like my young cat.have 2 house cats both Toms. sence geting their bits Off! One has been freaked out with our living room light. ears back fur up. trying to get up to it. Stm

candicew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sounds like spirits indeed. I sense them, my children see them. But for us, we are heavily protected by the angelic realm, so all within my house(and live) we are surround by angels. I know most don't believe, to each his own, but we do live in very exciting time. the veil between spirit and physical is thinning. more and more spiritual energies are around us at all times. weather you believe or not, animals are very sensitive to these energies and it could be the reason you see them interacting with something you do not see with you physical yes :) 

sandlegal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I had 3 cats at one time, each with distinctive personalities. We had a 3 story house with a large family room. Only in that room, my Maui saw ghosts or spirits sometimes to the point of seemingly becoming startled, then following movement with her eyes all around the room in the large family room)

sandlegal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I didn't finish my reply so I will continue here. Sometimes she made a throaty growling sound as she watched whatever it was move around the room. Sometimes her hair stood up. My family knew she saw something we couldn't see and she was obviously frightened at whatever she saw. At first, it scared us too but we got used to it and accepted that we had a ghost or ghosts living with us but only in our family room. My Big Kitty saw it too and would glance at it when Maui overreacted, but would quickly get bored with it and then go back to licking herself or sleeping, while my Molokai just accepted it as part of the family. It was obviously a friendly ghost or spirit because never heard sounds coming from downstairs and nothing bad ever happened down there. The only scary thing about it was Maui's frightening reaction. Even when I held her to comfort her, she was tense and continued to follow its movements until they stopped and she could relax and fall asleep. Glad to see others have had similar experiences with their cats and it's somewhat normal.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wannahelp

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I woke up at 430am and my male was sitting on the nightstand staring at the wall in the bedroom. I didn't see any bugs crawling or any mice scurrying, not that I usually see mice in the house. He sat there for quite a while. I have no idea what he was looking at.

Mickpest

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Last week, my male was in the kitchen and suddenly seemed spooked. He took off in the opposote direction, ran into a board that almost fell on him, then darted into another room. I thought someting might have pinched his paw but I didn't find anything.
A few nights later, he was sittng on my dining room table just staring ahead at nothing. This is unisial behavior for him.
This cat is always hungry and he's constantly looking for food in the sink, taking food from the dog, and stealing food from the other cats. A couple of times recently, however, he left a significant portion of food in his bowl. He has never done that.
One night when I got home, I was told that he was chasing something that didn't seem to exist. Tonight, he ppeared to be salking something but I didn't see anything. He wasn't playing with a toy and my other cat was nowhere near him. I'm a little concerned about the strange behavior. I didn't mention it but all the cats in the house are fixed.
I agree with everyone else about a cats ability to see what we can't! :) Besides that, I would be more concerned about his lack of appetite. Has he seen the vet lately? At a minimum, it might be worth a call to the vet and provide these symptoms to see what they say. I always get more concerned when there is a sudden change in eating behavior. And I would provide them the information as well regarding the cats seeming to see things. There could be some connection between that and appetite change that would be important for a correct diagnosis.

MasterBatCat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
After my husband died, my cats started acting like they were seeing ghosts, following it around the room with their eyes. Then all of them would be terrified of one of the cats. I'm not talking get away from the bully cat. no they would avoid it and stop in their tracks and run quickly away. then that cat would be ok and they would be terrified of another one. the real problem is now. staying at a friends and my 12 year old sees something, he keeps his eyes on it because it's like the thing is coming at him and my cat tries to bury his head in me screaming he is so scared. he did have his tail amp. and all the sudden he has parallisis, he can't walk. but he was seeing it before this. my other cat is aware of it. she peaks her head in the door to see if she is coming in or staying out. that depends if she senses it. it dont mess with her like him. It's getting so bad I have to hold him and rock him and we pray for it to go away. when I swat at it according to where he is looking it seems to get violent with him so I don't do that anymore. WTH!