My cat is recently suffering from constipation and I am so sad and frustrated about it...

sophie2ellie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ellie, Sophia and I came back from the vets Rescue Hospital at 6 am this morning.

Ellie was given a bowel treatment but it never worked.  The vet told me to go home

and help her if any chunks break off out of the colon and we just sat and waited.

My poor little girl, I don't want to see this much pain out of her for a long time.

Am looking at choices that are the best for us, and still maintains the integrity of  My Ellies life.

Thank You

ocean22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am so sorry to read your post about little girl, Ellie. It is scary to watch. I'm really surprised the vet couldn't have done more ??!! Did they give the condition a name?

My boy had to be dis-impacted by the vet. Diagnosed with mega-colon. Now is on a diet & meds that are working to manage regular movements. Thanks also to the help i found on this site,  'we' have much less stress with the daily meds instead of 3 X a day. 

Hope you find the answers quickly ~!

sophie2ellie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The vet tech showed me the films, and my little girls intestines and colon was full......We were looking at major surgery and recovery for her.

I had never heard about  mega colon before, but a different brand of food was not going to help my Ellie.  I really envy anyone who can

take on this task.  You are all some sort of awesome angels.

Ellie, Mom and Sophia