My cat is puking up worms!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I hope she continues to eat better. You could call your vet and ask whether the wormer was for both round and tape worms, as some are.

malikitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by paul&victoria

The meds that I got for the worms were in a syrienge (im sure i didnt spell that right) it was yellow medicne, and i gave it to her twice.
not sure if it was for both, but i think prolly just tape worms, however she hadnt threw up last night, at all before i left for work, and shes eating a little better, but wont take her hairball meds. Thanks for all your help!
was it strongid? its yellow and syrienge, if so than you are good

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

paul&victoria

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey everyone! Well August Mae, is doing better, so it seems anyways she hasnt puked at all in 4 days. But now, my cat Victoria (my very first kitty, ive had her since she was 5 weeks old, and she just turned 3)has been missing all day.
i have been working nights and when i got home today i didnt see her, i thought she was asleep in my moms room, so i just went upstairs and went to bed. when i got up at 7pm, my mom told me she has been missing all day and no one had seen her! Im so worried about her. Scared to death! I have drove for miles, walked for miles, its dark now, and she still isnt home! Pray for her please! That she is okay! and that she will come home soon!!! Thank You

mandi3026

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am really glad to hear that your kitten is doing better!!  I also hope everything is okay with you other cat!!  I just rescued a 16wk old kitten from outside that the owners, who by the way i found out who they were & went to their house to tell them I am keeping her, but she was fine when I brought her into our house for 3 days..She & my 11month old Jazzy Boo started to play, & then she woke up one morning a couple days ago, & wouldn't eat or drink, & didn't have any strength at all..I mean she couldn't even hold her own self up & she is only 3Pd's soaking wet..so we were keeping an eye on her poop by chance cuz I got her own litter box & we'd watch her to see what my other cats reaction was cuz she is SO spoiled...so then I noticed some rice, or maggot looking in her feces..then the next time, one was moving still..I haven't dealt with any of this cuz when I got my kitten @ 6weeks, she was already dewormed...so I go some dewormer from the store, right before  give it to her, my husband looked up & found out it was Tape Worm, & this medicine won't work...So I went to a local tractor supply, or farm & fleet store & they sell the pills for $20.00 for 3pills...so Did i mentioned she isn't eating or drinking anything..so I had to crush up the pill & mix with Hot water...then I took soft cat food & poor a Lil gravy in there to mix together in give her in a medicine dropper...bout 1 tsp...so I had to hold her & force feed her before I got the meds to try & help her stayed hydrated & get strength..Then I gave her the meds...& omg...the after 3-4 hrs she had a bowel movement & she passed 6-7 spaghetti looking things...literally looks like a spaghetti noodle..sorry not meaning to gross you out..so great this is working..still not eating & helped her with a couple teaspoons of gravy & water...so then my kids came running..she is puking, so i go in the house from outside & see that it is clear with bubbles...so then I remember one of the side effects is Salvation...so then I calmed down cuz I just want this poor kitten to live...she didn't deserve any of this treatment...so now its been day 2 or beginning day 3 & she is puking a lil..same..so is that normal I guess..sorry I had to go into this long story but I figured the history was important with help diagnose the problem..I really can't afford to go to the vet... got all her shots too at a pet store..I just have to take her to the vet to get her distempered & rabies...I cannot buy that over the counter...Now she is eating now & drinking fluids on her own..& lil by lil gaining her strength back...I just need hope & a prayer that she will make it Thur all of this & have a healthy cat life in a good home with us...& just an FYI we named her Gizma off of gremlins cuz her coat is kinda scruffy & discolored in areas..& If I would of been educated on Tape worms..that's one of the signs cuz of malnourishment...if you find a cat or kitten small & bony & their coat discolored or scruffy their malnourished for a reason..cuz cats will predators & will find something to eat...so I just wanted to share to get some feed back, & help educate what I have learned from this experience, so that If you guys cum into this problem you'll remember that girl rambling on the Internet but help save another animals life...Thank you all for any of your future comments & concern re guarding this matter....& God Bless You all for helping take care of God's animals....  :)  Amanda

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Amanda, that's quite a story about Gizmo.  Hope he is still eating and drinking well now that those tapeworms are out of him

Just thought I'd recommend you start up your own thread about Gizmo rather than having it tacked on to this one that is almost 7 years old.  Also, just out of curiousity, what did your neighbors say when you told them you were keeping him?  Didn't they care? 

Anyway, thank you for rescuing him, and I hope he starts thriving now

andrea moore

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
souds like you need a new vet.

​i wouldnt worry about hairball medicine...that is just BS to make money off of you.  if she develops hair balls just put a little Vaseline on her lips and she'll lick it off and pass the hairball through her.

Last edited by a moderator:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

souds like you need a new vet.

​i wouldnt worry about hairball medicine...that is just BS to make money off of you.  if she develops hair balls just put a little Vaseline on her lips and she'll lick it off and pass the hairball through her.
This thread is 3 1/2 years old