My cat is probably starting labor today and I have a problem!

mrsd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Septuplets!
Poor mama cat! lol Thanks for posting the details, and I'd like to see pictures too.

mrsd

lisaanne41

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I live in Panama City Beach Florida, "Home of the
Ok Jen, you just scared me with that... My cat is due very soon.. What signs am I looking for to know when she will have her kittens? This is my first female cat and I am so nervous.. She is little and I see the babies moving around inside, it is neat to watch them, but.. She is due but not sure how I will know when to watch er to help if she needs it.. HELP!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jeninmaine

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I went to this El Sham's cat pregnancy due date predictor and it also gives you a pregnancy "calendar"...you can do a search for it on Google. It was right on with my cat's due date. I basically just flipped her on her back 3 times a day and checked if she had anything going on (clear fluids or anything) down there. I also paid attention to when her milk came in. Her "water broke" the same day that her milk came in all the way. I just did research, said a prayer and did the best I could. I bet the vet would've wanted to do a c-section but we did just fine and saved a lot of money. The information I read was from a vet (online) and I did really feel it was the right thing to do. It was the middle of the night and she needed help right then.

Anyway, I really wouldn't worry...it's pretty rare that cats need help with all of that. I was actually pretty surprised it happened and I'm glad it's over. You'll do fine, I'm sure!
Jen