My cat is pregnant!

katiekat77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi! Well just about two weeks ago we found out my cat is pregnant, she's an indoor and only got out once but I think she was in heat. We know for a fact That she's pregnant! The thing is is that I don't know how long she's been and I can't remember when it was that she got out, her stomache is pretty big and she's already had colostrum. She's been VERY affectionate and her nipples are very visible and pink. Just a while ago I was laying near her and heard little noises from her stomache and gently put my hand on her stomache and felt a lot of movement from the kitties! I've felt them moving and kicking about two weeks ago and all the time you can see them kicking. This is her first litter and her last, we're going to spay her after this litter, I would really like to know how close she is to giving birth! Can't wait to see the kittens! Thank you!

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If you felt the kittens already 2 weeks, and she has colosturm, it is near. A week at most. Although the exact moment is impossible to know.

So prepare everything if it is not prepared as yet!

This a pure indoor cat happening to go out, and happening to be in heat, is really no coincidence. If they are in heat, they try to go out, and if they feel a tom near, they make everything to sneak out...

You are NOT the first in this sequence!    :)

Welcome to our Forums!

Good luck!

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Remember that she can come back into heat very soon after kittens are born, in 2-3 weeks, so it's doubly important to keep her in.  Find out from your vet when he will spay her - it's not only a contraceptive but it reduces her risks of breast cancer and almost removes the risk of pyometra.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiekat77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok thank you guys so much! I really want what's best for her so I will make sure I get her spayed ASAP, once she has her little kitten I'll be sure to post some pics! I already have a nesting area, but she doesn't really like it. Its an old dog kennel and I put a couple blankets over and a box inside with some towels and a quilt under neath the towels, I don't know if this is going to be a good place for her to give birth so could I get some tips on nesting areas? And thanks again for helping me!

natashajago

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If you can feel and hear them, plus nipples are leaking she isnt far off, no more than 2 weeks, but dont quote me haha. Try and spend lots of time with her so you can notice any strange behaviour. She might go off her food or wont leave you alone, or you may see her plug! mine lost hers on my lap "/ cus she wouldnt leave me alone lol x x

katiekat77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes I'm afraid that's what's going to happen to me! Lol she has always been attached to me and no one else for reason, I don't know why but since she's been pregnant shes always with me! But I can't wait to see her little kittens!

savethemoms

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi :-) I have two pregnant queens right now that are at that same confusing time lol! It drives me nuts. One minute I think maybe they are farther along then I thought. Then ill read something on here that makes me think they are not as close as I thought. I hate the waiting game! Congratulations on your kittens:-)

katiekat77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes waiting is the hardest part! I'm constantly watching her, same here Ill read something about cat pregnancy and I'll read the signs of her being like 9 weeks already but then later I'll notice how she doesn't seem like 9weeks lol and congrats your kittens too!

savethemoms

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad I'm not the only one lol. One minute I think they are 58 days, then I'm thinking only 52. Then I see see discharge an get worried they are coming too earlier. What a roller coaster :-)!!!

katiekat77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Being my first time with a pregnant cat im going to be worried! Lol I keep looking at her and thinking she looks like she's 60 days and later Ill think maybe 55 I just never know! But when they do come I'll be sure to post pics! :)

savethemoms

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awesome :)! And I'm in no way a first timer and I still worry! Ill be posting pictures to! Any idea about dads?

katiekat77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There's two male cats across the street, one shorthair all gray very sweet he used to visit me in the mornings :) the other I've only recently seen by our front door hes a longhair and mostly gray with white socks, very pretty too and he ran away once I saw him. But I think one of the two is the daddy :)

natashajago

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
lol dont be surprized if they all come back ginger then haha ;) when i delivered my first litter i honestly felt like a midwife and was linking stuff to when iv given birth! haha. Its basically just common sense and remembering they do pretty much all the work you just need to observe and comfort her. Its amazing how their instinct just kicks in and they automatically start cleaning the kittens ect! and dnt worry wen they start eating all the placentas "/ makes u wanna vommit but its good for them full of nutrition x x

katiekat77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lol yeahve been watching videos on cat birthing and when they clean them off it's gross but it's so cool how they know what to do instantly! My dad just told me that she had colostrum a week or two ago, I thought it was a couple days ago! Does that mean anything??