My cat is peeing everywhere.

nazuriette

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, 

I found this site helpful many times and my cat just forced me to join. 

So...

My cat is neutered 9 months old male, he was acting like a normal cat but then he started peeing in my clothes, on furnitures, pooping on the floor. 

He is healthy (i checked at vet). 

I'm taking a really good care of the litter box, changig it every second day, clearing right after he did "his things". I'm feeding him with Purina and Whiskas, these are his fav food brands.

I've tried moving his box elsewhere, but that doesn't work. I am slowly losing my mind, I start yelling at him (not loud).

He started to bump his head against mine then right after he bit me on my neck with no reason.

I love him so much, he is my world but I can't keep him if he will destroy my apartment. 

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How long has he been not using his litter box?

How long ago was his last vet visit?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nazuriette

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It happens from time to time, his last visit was 3 weeks ago when he started peeing. 

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Has he been declawed? Declawing is amputation of the toes at the first digit and this makes it very painful for cats to walk, and even more so to walk and dig through the litter. This often results in inappropriate urination and defecation.

nazuriette

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No way, he is not. He is just normal living cat.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When you say he was just at the vet 3 weeks ago, is that for this specific problem or for a general check up? He needs urine tests done. They wouldn't routinely check for anything urine related unless the issue was addressed and they collected the pee.

nazuriette

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He got both, regular 2 months check ups and urine tests done. The rssults came good, vet told he was in a good condition, not too fat, not too skinny. I guess he is trying to tell me something but I can't understand him

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're saying that you told your vet about the inappropriate elimination and that your vet ran a urinalysis at that time to check for any UTIs?

nazuriette

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes and the vet told me my cat is fine,this must be something in his behaviour which i dont really understand.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes and the vet told me my cat is fine,this must be something in his behaviour which i dont really understand.
Ok great just wanted to clear that up. It could very well be a behavioral issue. I would call the vet and tell him the issue is still going on and since the tests were clear you want to know about behavioral reasons he may be doing it and ask about meds for it. 

nazuriette

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was actually thinking about buying him a treat and when he does good things he will get rewarded, I heard it had helped many people in different situations.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was actually thinking about buying him a treat and when he does good things he will get rewarded, I heard it had helped many people in different situations.
Are there cats outside your place that are bothering him? Yelling at him will not work. Buy another litter box for him. Rule of thumb is one box plus one.

nazuriette

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Me and my boyfriend are at 5th floor so I dont think so. I will try with another litter box but I dont think it will help

nazuriette

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am hardly against declawing cats so he is not.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you changed anything recently? Also where is the box located. If it's in a laundry room or a utility room it's possible something spooked him (furnace, washing machine, water softener, car starting etc)