My Cat Is Overdue. What Do I Do?

Paris' human mommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
4B90A30E-0B20-455E-B097-4F82A8B805B0.jpeg
59D8B8E9-EFEB-480E-A897-75D8108BEC6C.jpeg
Hello, my cat got out 3 weeks before her appointment to get spayed and unfortunately got pregnant. That was June 6th 2019. From everything I read she should have had the kittens by now, but she is showing 0 signs of labor. I am worried because she is a tiny cat. Barely 7lbs. She is 15 months old and obviously never had kittens before. I don’t even think she knows she is pregnant. She is still climbing our entertainment center, jumping for flies and being her spazzing self. Is it possible that she is just not going into labor on her own? What should I do? I can see the kittens rolling around in her belly, and her milk came in over a week ago. Any help and advice is much appreciated.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She really isn’t far off yet. They can go a bit longer before delivering. She will start showing signs before delivery time but if you are really worried, put her in a secure carrier and let your vet check her out. ( I prefer hard carriers so no chance of escape) Look for her nipples to be a bit enlarged, some excited moving around by mom, some rolling and stretching by mom, looking around the house for the place she wants to nest and maybe some calling as she wanders around. She may be extra attached to you before delivery as well. You may be able to notice contractions move across her tummy. You are seeing the kittens move so that’s a good sign. I think that the best way to settle your nerves is to let your vet check her. A home visit would be ideal if possible.
She is absolutely precious! I’d love to see baby pictures later! Welcome to the site!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was the the ONLY time she got out? How long was she out for?

From what I can find, they aren't considered overdue until 72 days, and she's at 69. So a few more days before it gets worrisome. Plus, you could give a couple more days leeway because the the sperm and the eggs don't always meet up right away. I think you'll be a kitty grandparent very soon!

Post pics!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I think she’s fine, as long as she’s not showing any signs of discomfort, she might just take a few days longer than normal. Also, something to keep in mind, is that since she’s a colorpointed cat, she could have some recent Siamese ancestry. Siamese cats have a longer gestation period than other cats.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree with everyone! Just wait it out. Let Mother Nature do its thing. She’ll have them when her body is ready. :)