My Cat Is Moving Her Kittens Wildly! Please Help!

Galixy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So it all started like a week or two ago when she had her 3rd litter of kittens. She was having her kittens in my closet! She had 4 kittens but one of them died. Two days later (after we buried the dead kitten of course) she move them to the most dangerous room in the house! It was the back room the one we are re-modeling but the spot was a bit safe for the kittens to stay there for a few days while we were cleaning out a room to move the kittens into. But, last night she moved them in the more dangerous part of the backroom next to almost under insulation! So we had no choice but to move them. So, we moved them into the room we were cleaning out but, she moved them behind a shoe box with some old sweaters. So we got a box and put the kittens into it and she moved one of the kittens back to the shoe box! Then she moved the kittens next to the door. So, if we open it she can move her kittens outside of the room. What do i do!

Topherius

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would just make sure any dangerous parts of the house are completely blocked off and let her move them as she sees fit to the safer areas of the house and only keep a watchful eye on where she moves them. But don't interfere with her spot unless its really unsafe. Too much interference with her babies could be making her anxious and she keeps moving them. :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Put mom and her kittens and their nest in a safe room and close the door so she cannot move them out of that room. She does not need access to the rest of the house anytime soon.

Put her food, water, and litter in the room. She will feel safer this way.

Can you spay her when this litter weans?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Galixy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I cant spay her until i give the kittens new homes. If i spay her before they are gone they will still try to get her milk.

Galixy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the advice we moved them successfully into the room in a box and cleaned the room so its nice and they are all safe. And i wont bother them so they cant have their privacy.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Moms can be spayed when the kittens are 8 weeks old. They will still be able to nurse her after she is spayed.

Please do not let her outside to get pregnant again with a fourth litter. It's not healthy.

Good they are safe and private now! :)

Galixy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Galixy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She will not be able to because if any of the kittens try to drink from her, her stitches might rip open and we will not let her out till she gets spayed

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Do you know if the stitches will be internal or external?

Cats with internal stitches frequently resume nursing immediately. Mine did!

Galixy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have no idea the kittens are only 2 weeks so i cant think ahead atm

Tillycat17

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat is currently shut in her own room, every time we let her out she immediately tries to move the kittens (10days old). Its sad as she obviously misses us and we have to keep going in there to cuddle her but it's the safest option.