My Cat Is Making Me Sick With Nausea From Stress!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, that's good. Did you say what her diet is like? Is she peeing okay and is her poop not too hard? It might sound weird, but diet and litterbox can often affect behavior.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JKDOS

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay, that's good. Did you say what her diet is like? Is she peeing okay and is her poop not too hard? It might sound weird, but diet and litterbox can often affect behavior.
Her poop definitely aint hard. It's like cow pies, and smears easily. She also seems to be peeing inside the litter box and ok. I am feeding her Simply Nourish: Salmon and Oatmeal recipie

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no, not once a week. Can you give her at least some canned food every day? Cats really need canned food for the moisture. All dry food diets cause all kinds of problems, trust me, I know.

JKDOS

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Last night I swapped out the litter box she poops outside of with a bigger box, and used a different kind of litter. This morning there was no poop on the floor for me to clean. I will see how things go in the next couple days. Hopefully the poop problem has been solved with this change.

Oh no, not once a week. Can you give her at least some canned food every day? Cats really need canned food for the moisture. All dry food diets cause all kinds of problems, trust me, I know.
Can you recommend a brand?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats like the Jumbo or Giant size litterboxes too. I use Friskies canned food. But any wet food that your cat will eat is fine. I looked up that Simply Nourish brand that you're feeding and they have a canned food too.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Fingers crossed about the litter box issues. Some cats are particular.

As for food, there are literally hundreds of brands; Simply Nourish is not bad; as are: Sheba, Fancy Feast, Nutro, Some people buy Blue Buffalo ~ I cannot. It seems not to agree with my guy. Also, Natures Recipe... others will chime in with more. These are off the top of my head.

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1st world problems :lol: (my opinion comes from a unique perspective though).
Takes some kittens awhile to learn to use a litter box every time.
Look at your table lamps, or your TV's main "power" cord. Those are the cords that will hurt her. The tiny cords that have a small black box where they plug into the wall, won't hurt her. (those just hurt your wallet). You can find replacement cords/power supply's for anything on eBay.
They make stuff called "CritterCord" that you put over electric cords to keep your cat from chewing cords. Although, she will eventually grow out of cord chewing. My cat did, and that's saying something because there's not much he won't try to eat.
And, always remember....it could be MUCH worse.

abbyemma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi! I hope that hopefully you are feeling less stressed out.

I don’t claim to know much about cats, but I did just adopt a kitten, so this is just input from a fellow human that has bad anxiety. I just think that it might be good to consider how anxious the cat must feel. She is a new home, doesn’t understand “human”, has every single aspect of her life changed, is no longer with any of the cats that she used to, and she is left alone all day without any interactive distractions. You are her only constant, you picked her and I think that kind of creates a bond.

It seems like you do want to make things better, but you called the cat “it”,
Which makes me think that maybe the cat should go to a different home where the attention she clearly craves is available to her.

JKDOS

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It seems like you do want to make things better, but you called the cat “it”,
Which makes me think that maybe the cat should go to a different home where the attention she clearly craves is available to her.
I can see you're an extremely picky person. :(

That my friend is what's called a spelling mistake. And since there is no edit button on these forums, it must remain.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
The edit button disappears after 2 hours I think.
The edit button is available for 30 minutes after posting. I do not think it is available for
2 hours, but I could be mistaken.

That my friend is what's called a spelling mistake. And since there is no edit button on these forums, it must remain.
I do not think the above poster, abbyemma abbyemma , was being 'extremely picky'... I think she was just trying to point something out to you..

We have been trying to help you, with all our suggestions and advice. No one here is being malicious, or 'picky'. We only what want is best for your kitty and yourself.

Hopefully you can find a solution to all the issues you are encountering.. if you are repeated frustrated by your kitty, you would probably be best to return her to the humane society, where she can find a more appropriate home.. and you could also find a kitty who is better matched to your personality and work/life schedule.

abbyemma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

I don't think picky, I definitely am not just calling out writing "it", it just made me sad because I feel like my cat is very similar to yours in wanting a lot of attention, but that is exactly what I wanted. I also just kind of feel like you are blaming the cat for things that are just normal kitten adjustment behavior. Maybe you could try letting her in your bedroom again after some play time to tire her out. Or, leave the door to the room open so that she can choose where she wants to go. Since they "hunt" at night, that is why they are psycho when we want to go to bed.

I just don't think it is fair for the cat to get any more attached to you than she already is, and then later you decide that you need to rehome her. I get this sense that you think that this cat is some sort of vindictive creature who demonically plotting against you, but really they are just happy to be in a new home with you.

You had also mentioned her being on top of your feet. For me at least, that got better after about a month, I think Emma learned that if you walk under feet you sometimes can accidentally get stepped on.

Good Luck with whatever decision you make.

JKDOS

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The edit button is available for 30 minutes after posting. I do not think it is available for
2 hours, but I could be mistaken.
Whatever the case is, there is no edit button for me at all. Must be unavailable to new users.

JKDOS

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
See img

Attachments

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
There is an edit button.

After you post a message, there are 3 lines in the lower left corner of the post..
Hover your cursor over that.. you will see: EDIT and FLAG

The EDIT is there for 30 minutes after a reply is posted.

It is not on the "Post Reply" area... it is on the comments which are posted on the thread...

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's more than 30 minutes. One of my posts from 44 minutes ago still has an edit button.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Whatever the case is, there is no edit button for me at all. Must be unavailable to new users.
Yo, hang on everybody, JKDOS is correct, there's no edit available for new users until after a certain quantity of posts. The reason being that the site owner and management determined that too many worthwhile posts, --education/information wise, were being deleted because the OP's didn't like the feedback they were getting. ;)